Samsung 32' LCD-picture turning dark and red.

jjaazzyJuly 14, 2011

Please excuse the double post if your seeing this 2x I posted last night but now I don't see it and can't find it.

Anyway, we have had this TV since 06 or 07 it hardly gets used maybe 200 hours tops. It sits in a MBR and it had an ok picture on it, not earth shattering. Now the picture is turning dark and faces are turning red. You can adjust it but after the TV heats up after 20 - 30 min it starts turning again. Is it cost effective to fix these TV's now. Can it be done by a DIY'er. My DH is very handy and if he had a clue as to what to replace I think we could figure it out. My guess is that these things are now throw away. This particular TV was over 1000. when purchased and then year before last we purchased a no-name for my son for under 300.00. Anyone have any thoughts, suggestions? TIA

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
yosemitebill

You did not mention what the source is that you are viewing. Is the television connected directly to an antenna or cable coax, or are you using a STB (set top box), DVD player or other source?

If you are using one of the other sources, a bad cable connection could create similar intermittent problems. Sometimes removing and re-seating the cable can clean off oxidation on the connector pins. Also, cables sometimes themselves do fail.

Please provide a little more detail on your situation.

Bookmark   July 14, 2011 at 9:46PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jjaazzy

Thanks Yose, Well comcast is who is suppling the feed but about 6 months ago they provided a little digital converter for TV's that didn't have a digital box. I did check that the cables were in and tightened but you bring up a good point. I will disconnect it from it's source and try and hook up a computer to it and see what happens. Thanks I will try it this weekend and see if it changes things.

Bookmark   July 14, 2011 at 10:13PM
More Discussions
plug-in 15w bulb caused sticky mess (wax melt)
Stupid me, I bought a plug-in wax melter / tart-warmer...
jally
Sound Goes Off Occasionally on TV
I have a Sharp ACQUOS TV. A few days ago, I started...
WalnutCreek Zone 7b/8a
plug-in tart warmers - parchment-paper safe?
Hi, re: plug-in wax-tart warmers: Is it safe to cover...
jally
Headphone jack
Dug up a sub-mini plug for my home phone earphone jack....
stoveguyy
13.2v Battery Charger
The battery charger for my Craftsman drill has died...
randy427
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™