Diet Pals 24 - 30 Pamper Week!!!

quiltingbunnyMay 23, 2004

Okay, I am still waiting for my cinnamon order. But, just for fun, I thought this should be a pamper week! Let's not just focus on healthy eating - let's pamper ourselves this week.

Why?

Because WE DESERVE IT!!!!

I am not suggesting going out and buying stuff - I am looking for natural things we can do at home. I plan to goop myself from head to toe this week.

What is your favourite thing to do to pamper yourself?

Please don't use anything on your body that you have a known allergy to.

Plan to stretch out and relax.

Eyes: Slices of cucumber or warm, wet, teabags

Oily Skin:

Mash up strawberries (about 7) and add a tablespoon of honey (can warm in microwave for a couple of seconds)THEN add strawberries and smooth on your skin.

Dry:

Mash a small banana, 2 tbsp ground oatmeal, 1 tbsp honey

or

Mashed avocado & honey

There's a link below for some other ideas. You can also search the internet for homemade facial body scrub

Going to get a strong hair conditioner and goop my hair.

Diet wise - last week was challenging. Today I am staying home - have had insomnia really bad last night and plan to get some shut eye today. Also planning to get outside for a walk. Not up to work - totally exhausted. Did not get much done on my stepper but did do a lot of walking both days.

So, what pampering ideas do you want to share?

Heck, I am even going to do my legs and buff myself up from head to toe over the course of this week. Was checking online spa prices and thought - forget it! I'll do it at home. Going to dig in the bathroom - I have a tube of nice green clay masque - going to do my arms, neck, chest and anything else I can reach (stay REAL quiet) and then shower off.

Did you know moisturisers work better if you remove your dead skin? Also, before I forget, you should rinse yourself with warm water before your facial to open the pores so the facial can work better - I guess a warm shower prior to scrubbing down as well would apply.

Today, I start my pamper week!

Join me!

McPeg

Here is a link that might be useful: Facial Recipes - another site

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
deemarie5500

Hello everyone!

I was on vacation last week. We sailed on the Voyager of the Seas out of Bayonne, NJ. What a spectacular ship she is!!

My eating was so-so, I did not lose, but I don't think I gained either. Not bad, considering I was surrounded by food 24/7!!! I took the stairs everywhere, so I got in a great amount of exercise.

I'm going to pamper myself in several ways this week....pedicure; bath salts while reading a book (some trashy, girly story I think! LOL), a facial scrub; and an appointment later this week for a shampoo and cut at my favorite salon that serves up decaf coffee to patrons while we chat about the latest gossip!!!

I'm still hanging in there, McPeg. I am NOT giving up; I am going to win this battle!

Bookmark   May 24, 2004 at 1:03PM
ericasj

Still hanging in there, too, McPeg. Lost another 2 pounds as of Monday!

My pampering will be a bubble bath, and starting my summer toenail-painting season. Should be easier to reach them this year. ;)

Erica

Bookmark   May 25, 2004 at 7:03AM
quiltingbunny

Okay, I am re-energising this week...got my bath scrub stuff and....its been years.....hot wax & strips to rip the hair out on my legs only. If ya hear any howling from across the pond - its me!!!!!
Today is a detox day for me. Yogurts, fruit, water, fruit, frozen fruit, water and okay - A COFFEE (let's not push it!).

Glad to see my pals looking after themselves. Will check in later to see how you are getting on with things!

Cheers,
McPeg

Bookmark   May 25, 2004 at 7:45AM
deemarie5500

Hello everyone!

I feel back in the groove! Drinking lots of liquids and counting every point, down the 1/2 point!! Only used 4 flex points this week.

Have a luncheon meeting where the agenda states "pizza and wings". Pooh! I brought in a zip-lock bag of celery and cherry tomatoes to have before I go in (or I'll bring it along). One slice of that pizza they serve is 6 points, so I should be OK. Had 2-points of yogurt for breakfast, and I also brought a 1-point banana for later this afternoon (before my exercise class).

On the pampering front, I've not gotten to it yet, but tonight, I plan to give myself a pedicure while watching the final American Idol show. (OK, I'll admit that I watch it!) Two years ago, DH gave me one of those wax machines that you put your hands or feet into...I'm gonna use that before my polish. Then before I go to bed, I'll put on heavy foot cream and cotton socks so that I am ready for sandals this year! Hoping that with my weight loss, I can start getting prettier shoes that have a younger look!!

Gotta run and take this phone call. Why does business get in the way of my stuff? LOL!!!

Bookmark   May 26, 2004 at 10:31AM
quiltingbunny

Well, guess what arrived today???? My cinnamon package...so keep an eye out for that cinnamon challenge week - I need it myself!
Last night had italian food with family (will get a 3 week break from all these routines with DH going on holiday home to visit his family)...I get the TV remote, QUIET, can listen to my tunes - fewer dishes - and so on! Going to be stepping more on my machine because I won't be interrupting his star trek!
Have a fabby day!
McPeg

Bookmark   May 27, 2004 at 5:28AM
barefoot_babe

Haven't posted lately.....sorry, my computer has been on the fritz. I have now lost a total of 15 pounds...Whoohoo!! and am almost down 2 sizes! I did some weight lifting with my husband yesterday, but still having trouble finding the time to excercise with a job and 3 kids, but I try. For my pampering, I went out and got myself a new haircut and style. I also went to a plant swap last week and am busy planting about 40 new plants.

Bookmark   May 27, 2004 at 8:43AM
mirren

Hi all - Missed my WW meeting yesterday because I was called into work but I went this morning and lost 2 lbs. That made me feel great. At work they have donuts out all day and yesterday I was able not to have any. I drank my water and when I really wanted a donut I nibbled on a rice cake (which I happen to like). I still have this blasted cold and not feeling great but I have to say just losing those 2 lbs this morning has perked me up. I am planning a WW recipe for dinner and plan to get to Curves some time today. For pampering I plan to get a haircut tomorrow and give myself a manicure. Thanks so much for the encouragement.

Bookmark   May 27, 2004 at 9:29AM
ericasj

It looks like we're all ladies here, so I guess I can post this--I had to move to the tighter set of hooks on one of my bras yesterday. This hasn't happened in years--Progress!

Bookmark   May 27, 2004 at 11:17AM
deemarie5500

Great news, Erica! I noticed that same thing about a month ago (on ME of course; not you!) LOL

Things are really looking up lately (or is it down!!!) Haaaaaaaaa!!!

Bookmark   May 27, 2004 at 1:19PM
yellowhair

Hi all! Congrats on those lbs. lost!

I haven't weighed in the past week and this weekend will be tough, holiday stuff. But, I have worked outside cutting my hedges and have been working with my weights more. I want to get my arms toned up----got that hanging chicken-fat stuff--lol----

Great idea, McPeg. I'm going to do the facial thing tonight. And my eyebrows probably need arching, again. Take care, everyone and have a great holiday!

Bookmark   May 27, 2004 at 6:21PM
More Discussions
Favorite Exercise Videos
Ok, I know there's an exercise & nutrition board,...
juellie1962
green coffee extract anyone?
I saw recently on TV Dr. Oz talking about green coffee...
vieja_gw
Ideal protien diet
Has anyone tried this diet? I have a friend that tried...
sandi
6 Week Body Makeover Program??
Just wondering....has anyone ever used Michael Thurmond's...
janet_ks
Weekly Support 27 Oct - 2 Nov
Happy Monday! Hi everyone, It's my weigh day - down...
mcpeg
Sponsored Products
Desk 4 Table Clock by David Scherer
$98.95 | Bellacor
30" Halifax Cherry Vanity for Undermount Sink
Signature Hardware
Fusion Capellini One-Light Sconce
$198.00 | Bellacor
Coca Egyptian Cotton Towel Set
$24.99 | zulily
Kichler Selene Chrome Bath 3-Light Halogen
PLFixtures