How can I hook ipod, xm radio, and laptop to one stereo system?

slc2053July 3, 2008

We have a large area (pole barn 30x50) that we want to listen to music in. We have music on an IPOD, a laptop, and we want to listen to XM radio...we want them all connected to one system....we don't want to DJ, but it seems that type of system/equipment will handle this but we're hoping to go with a more standard system...I see some systems are "IPOD ready" but what about XM ready and able to handle the music on our laptop? Someone at circuit city said that we can hook up the XM radio to a standard system, but that we'd only hear it out of 2 of the 5 speakers but that there "is probably a way to hear it out of all the speakers" but he hasn't figured it out yet???

Anyway, can anyone advise on what options we have?

Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
steve_a

Just a few comments. It seems like the iPod with the computer is redundant. With enough capacity, you could put all of your music on either or both, through iTunes. Or do have some in incompatible file formats? Or are you talking about using Pandora on the laptop? Personally, I'd put what I wanted on the iPod and hook that up to the Aux input (see my other post on this thread). I don't know anything about XM radio, but I don't really understand the circuit city comment. If you're using 5 speakers, you're using surround sound. You should still be able to input your stereo signal and set the receiver to convert it to the 5 channels. I think more information is needed.

Bookmark   July 3, 2008 at 11:29AM
More Discussions
arc breakers tripping
We have arc fault breakers and one of them keeps tripping,...
newhomeseattle
seek expert on plug-in wax-tart warmers
I bought this plug-in tart warmer via the Net, made-in-china,...
jally
I need "Pairing Code" information for my TV.
What is the pairing code for my Magnavox TV Model #...
Tammy Lanier
vizio xvt473sv dead
I have a 4 year old VIZIO XVT473SV that now has NO...
thew60
aspect ratio
We have 2009 insignia LCD. Am using Comcast mini hd...
stoveguyy
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™