How can I hook ipod, xm radio, and laptop to one stereo system?

slc2053July 3, 2008

We have a large area (pole barn 30x50) that we want to listen to music in. We have music on an IPOD, a laptop, and we want to listen to XM radio...we want them all connected to one system....we don't want to DJ, but it seems that type of system/equipment will handle this but we're hoping to go with a more standard system...I see some systems are "IPOD ready" but what about XM ready and able to handle the music on our laptop? Someone at circuit city said that we can hook up the XM radio to a standard system, but that we'd only hear it out of 2 of the 5 speakers but that there "is probably a way to hear it out of all the speakers" but he hasn't figured it out yet???

Anyway, can anyone advise on what options we have?

Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
steve_a

Just a few comments. It seems like the iPod with the computer is redundant. With enough capacity, you could put all of your music on either or both, through iTunes. Or do have some in incompatible file formats? Or are you talking about using Pandora on the laptop? Personally, I'd put what I wanted on the iPod and hook that up to the Aux input (see my other post on this thread). I don't know anything about XM radio, but I don't really understand the circuit city comment. If you're using 5 speakers, you're using surround sound. You should still be able to input your stereo signal and set the receiver to convert it to the 5 channels. I think more information is needed.

Bookmark   July 3, 2008 at 11:29AM
More Discussions
previous post about 50ML8105D
My previous post about my Magnavox/Phillips 50"...
tribefan53
hdmi connection
i have a hd tv but standard cable. no hd premium service....
stoveguyy
Best and thinnest flat screen wall mountable tv less than 20" high?
I am so out of my depth here. I would greatly appreciate...
bellsmom
Need a new Tv, thoughts on led/plasma
Im in the market to get a new tv. I have always preferred...
aellis722
cinemax
we have cinemax on our cable tv service. we dont pay...
stoveguyy
Sponsored Products
Home Decorators Area Rug: Arbor Blue 3' 9" x 5' 9"
Home Depot
Gould Parrot III
$399.00 | FRONTGATE
Blue Triangle Throw Blanket
$129.99 | Dot & Bo
Cast Iron Rooster Doorstop
Signature Hardware
Urban Living Series 7 Foot Package - Option 6
Wine Cellar Innovations