Diet Drinks

qt102May 15, 2006

I've been trying to lose weight for as long as i can remeber. My family has had many weight problems so ever since i was very young my parents have bought diet coke. I don't drink any other pops besides that drink and i rarely drink water and milk. My question is HOW DO I GET OFF IT?! It's getting to a point in time were i'm phsyically adicted to it, i drink on average 5 cans a day and i need a 'fix' of it all the time. It's not even the caffine either, it's the actuall drink. I can drink caffine free and still get the buzz. I know what i'm doing is not healthy and i would really appreciate any advice anyone can give, thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lunchlady1948

I am not sure what to tell you. I have never drank alot of soda in my life but it was enough not to be good for me, I just cold turkeyed it and got off. But I was not addicted. Maybe if you can find something else to drink and start replacing whatever it is with one of your cokes a day for a week then two the next week and do it that way. How about iced tea?? Crystal Lite makes good sugar free drinks. I love water that is my favorite thing to drink, you do need to drink more water. All diets tell you to drink lots of water, I notice more weight loss and less headaches when I drink alot of water.

Bookmark   May 15, 2006 at 10:31PM
qt102

thanks, i'll try that right away!!

Bookmark   May 15, 2006 at 11:23PM
lunchlady1948

Is it working for you???

Bookmark   May 17, 2006 at 9:52PM
qt102

It is! It's really helpful that i'm on the Shangri-la diet too, (you have to drink sugar water and stuff) Thanks for the advice!

Bookmark   May 18, 2006 at 10:12PM
callmerae

take chromium..you can find it with vitamins in the grocery store or pharmacy section...it fixes your sugar levels and actually gets rid of sugar cravings..I always found when I really wanted a pop...it was just that I was really thirsty so drinking lots of water helps too

Bookmark   May 22, 2006 at 6:30PM
wildchild

Chromium is probably ineffective and may even be dangerous for many people to use. You get sufficient ammounts with a proper diet.

Here is a link that might be useful: Chromium

Bookmark   May 28, 2006 at 8:49AM
RuthieG__TX

Have you had any success?

Bookmark   July 5, 2006 at 10:10AM
organic_donna

Diet soda is very addictive. The sweetners they use have a high sugar taste and you start to crave more and more. You are putting chemicals in your body. Have more respect for your body. People put so much garbage in their bodies. Your body is the house of your soul. It is the only house that you will ever get. Take care of it and respect it. Drink water and eat whole unprocessed foods.
Donna

Bookmark   July 16, 2006 at 3:01PM
More Discussions
Weekly Support 27 Oct - 2 Nov
Happy Monday! Hi everyone, It's my weigh day - down...
mcpeg
the fast diet
i'm trying it with great optimism....really makes sense...
mmajicmann
Where is everyone?
I was excited to see there was a diet club. I thought...
tripletmom83
Ideal protien diet
Has anyone tried this diet? I have a friend that tried...
sandi
New low-carber here
Hi, everyone-- I wanted to introduce myself and see...
Repol
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™