tv has to warm up

pyro3256July 9, 2007

found this forum on a search and fixed a blow disk capacitor to solve a power problem. tv has work fine for weeks since.

now when we turn on tv, tv powers up to a dark blue screen with light blue horizontal lines with concave borders. this screen remains for some times up to 30 mins. then starts flashing untill normal video signal come in. then the rest of the viewing day is perfect. the audio is there from the start. please help. this is a 36" phillips magnovox smart series. don't know model numbers and such but could try to find them. anybody heard of this please help. im good with tools and sodering is not a prob.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gilloz

Well, you need more than good tools and a soldering iron. You also need an Oscilliscope with probes, Hi-Voltage CRT tester, DVM and a TV RF generator to start. The first thing I would do is to verify that all the voltages in the low voltage supply are within specs. Don't mess with the Horizontal voltages unless you know where to probe. A schematic would definitely help. Some TV's have the voltage levels print screened on the main board by the terminals. Have you tried disconnecting the Antenna, cable or satellite signal from the RF input and see if you get just plain snow when you first turn it ON? Bypass the tuner if you have RCA receptecles for video inputs and check it out that way. Too many T/S procedures to list here. Just find a good reputable TV repair person.

Bookmark   July 14, 2007 at 6:22PM
More Discussions
Humidifier or Air Purifier?
I have been transfered to this city, with a small-size...
walker1846
home stero using XM radio
i am building our retirement home and have installed...
coetexas
Cables and wiring? Cat6, hdmi, coaxial, ethernet?
I've been reading a lot on here about wiring our new...
tulips33
plug-in tart warmers - parchment-paper safe?
Hi, re: plug-in wax-tart warmers: Is it safe to cover...
jally
Sounds like a fan going bad
I have a Magnavox 50ML8105D/17 (DLP-TV)..there is a...
tribefan53
Sponsored Products
Burton Gaming Media Console
Overstock.com
Furniture of America Metropolitan Dining Buffet/TV Cabinet in Dark Espresso
Overstock.com
Buddy Products TV Mounts & Accessories Flush Mount LCD/Plasma Mount 7434-4
$91.79 | Home Depot
Parker House - Boston Corner Wall Bookcase in Merlot - PAK976
Great Furniture Deal
Espresso Bermuda TV Stand
$269.99 | zulily