Panasonic Travelvision portable TV questions

SnailLoverJune 21, 2014

I'm going to ask some really dumb questions. My grandma gave me the above sometime in the 80s. It's been packed away for years and I forgot I had it. I uncovered it this weekend and tried it out. Still works good, the radio has good sound quality. I could only tune in one TV station and it wasn't very clear. Is this because cable switched from analog to digital? If so, why would I still get the one station? Is there a device that would enable me to pull in these stations?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
randy427

If you don't have cable, a Digital-to-Analog TV Converter and a decent antenna with a good location.

Bookmark   June 23, 2014 at 11:54PM
SnailLover

Thanks Randy. I do have cable. Do you mean I can somehow hook up the TV to my cable? I'm more curious than anything. It's only a 1" TV screen and in B&W, but I just thought it would be fun for novelty's sake. I could set it next to my computer when I'm working. Back in the day I could get several channels on it.

Bookmark   June 25, 2014 at 9:17PM
randy427

A converter box from your cable provider should give you full channel selection. You'll also need a short length of coax, and perhaps a coax-to-300 ohm adapter if the tv does not have a coax connection.

Bookmark   June 29, 2014 at 2:13PM
More Discussions
plug-in tart warmers - parchment-paper safe?
Hi, re: plug-in wax-tart warmers: Is it safe to cover...
jally
I need "Pairing Code" information for my TV.
What is the pairing code for my Magnavox TV Model #...
Tammy Lanier
seek expert on plug-in wax-tart warmers
I bought this plug-in tart warmer via the Net, made-in-china,...
jally
cheap tv
got a nice working fully functional 32" lcd yesterday...
stoveguyy
50" dlp tv
Here is a picture of the whole part...
tribefan53
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™