Replacement part C811

delta_2007June 14, 2007

I have the same problem Ben has. My Magnavox Model FP5210 W101 sparked and the TV went blank. There was a wire burn smell;I though it was the cord. Come to find out it appears to be Part C811. This small copper round part was cracked open and most of the circuit board around it was scorched. Can this item be replaced? This was my Father TV and he's deceased. I definitely can't afford to buy a new one. I did try to purchase the part at Home Depot, no luck. Pleease help!!.

Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dgmarie

It is likely a capacitor that went bad. Often the electrolyte in old capacitors dries out. C811 doesn't tell you what the value of the capacitor is. It is only a reference to a part on a schematic drawing. The value can also usually be read of the side of the part. I would suggest you take the TV to an old fashioned TV repair shop or "friend of a friend who fixes TVs in his basement." I would stay away from large chain stores who in my experience charge a $75 diagnostic fee to tell you the item "can no longer be repaired."

Bookmark   June 14, 2007 at 10:13PM
More Discussions
Throw them away ?
I have a DVD player, a cassette player , a tuner ,...
salbwil
home stero using XM radio
i am building our retirement home and have installed...
coetexas
50" dlp tv
Here is a picture of the whole part...
tribefan53
cheap tv
got a nice working fully functional 32" lcd yesterday...
stoveguyy
why do I have to "install"apps on my tablet?
So why do I have to install apps on my tablet that...
clairebuoyant
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™