What is the Fat Flush Plan?

janetwilsonMay 14, 2004

I heard bits and pieces of an interview with the woman who wrote the Fat Flush book - just enough to peak my interest. Ran over to the book store today and they were out of the book. Can someone tell me what is involved in this program?

I'm still going strong on Atkins but this toxin cleansing program sounds interesting.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lydia1959

Hi Janet,

I've been on the Fat Flush plan for over 6 months now. I've lost over 30 lbs. (6 lbs. from my goal weight), dropped my bodyfat by almost 9% and lowered my cholesterol.

It's basically a low carb, good fats plan. The first 2 weeks are to detox, then you move on to Phase 2, which allows for 2 good carbs per day. You move on to phase 3 once you have reached your goal weight. It is not an easy diet since it involves giving up all caffeine (you can substitute organic coffee), dairy, wheat, alcohol, sugar and artifical sweeteners (Stevia is okay). You start and end each day with warmed cranberry water with the juice of half a lemon and pysillum husks. Flaxseed oil is taken twice a day (I put mine on vegetables).

After the first week or so, the plan really isn't that difficult. You can read lots of reviews over at Amazon.com and there is a good message board at the link below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Fat Flush

Bookmark   May 14, 2004 at 7:51PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
janetwilson

Thanks Lydia -- Before I saw your message, I went to the website for fat flush and it was just a place to buy things. I looked at the ivillage link you provided, that was helpful as was the book review at amazon. I guess I'm going to need to buy the book to really understand the whole program. I've been doing Atkins for 4 weeks now and haven't lost as much as I'd hoped. I'm not trying to lose it all at once, but a couple of pounds per week sure would be nice!

Congratulations on your weight loss - just 6 pounds to go - that's wonderful!

Bookmark   May 17, 2004 at 1:13PM
More Discussions
Has anyone ever tried the "Beyond Diet"
I got caught up in the website, I think it took almost...
JoAnn_Fla
Weekly Support 21 - 26 Oct
Ooopsy - I lost track of this week. Where on earth...
mcpeg
Ravenous appetite
Does anyone else have a ravenous appetite like me?...
robar
Appetite is out of control, want to lose 25LBS
Hi, I have tried many diets and exercises, many pills,...
koolkelley
WANTED -Weight loss buddy
Hello i am looking for a weight loss buddy. Just someone...
jennybog
Sponsored Products
Elk Lighting Molten Satin Nickel & Molten Rose Glass Three-Light Pendant
$612.00 | LuxeDecor
Three-Light Satin Nickel Flush Mount
$54.00 | Bellacor
White Three-Light Flush Mount with White Alabaster Glass
$30.55 | Bellacor
ELK Lighting Elizabethan 3-Light Flush Mount 5962/3 - 13W in. - 5962/3
$338.00 | Hayneedle
Spectrum Patrice Fruit Bowl - Black - 36010CAT
$24.98 | Hayneedle
Royal Teak Collection Charleston White Wicker Cushion Lounge Chair
$519.00 | LuxeDecor
Justice Design Group FSN-8815 - Pendants 1 Light Mini Pendant - Cylinder with Fl
$124.20 | Hayneedle
Embarcadero Sorrel Bronze Flush Mount
$326.00 | Bellacor
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™