How to open up tv - Phillips Magnovax

akordestJune 5, 2005

Hi,

I am experiencing problems with my tv turning on and off spontaneously and would like to know how I can open my Phillips Magnavox t.v. so I can analyze the inside. I have digital pictures of the body (exterior) of the t.v to show if that will help you to direct me to the correct location. Here is some info about my t.v.:

- 35"

- Model No. Ts3661 C129

- Serial No. 46208967

- Chassis Model No. 36k800 7591

Greatly appreciate if you can help me!

Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
pee_wee

Sorry friend, but if you are unable to remove the back, you will be unable to analyze the problem.

Unless the set is completely dead, there will be no visable damage to any parts. Unless a defective part is blown apart or burned up, it will look the same as a new part.

"IF" your symptom, as reported, is correct, then you have an intermittent connection on the main circuit board.

This would be a difficult problem to locate for an expert....

pw

Bookmark   June 5, 2005 at 9:48PM
akordest

Thanks for your follow up, Pee Wee.

Sorry, I was not specific in my original posting about what I need: How do I remove the back of the tv so I can see if there are any visible defects (where are the screws that open the back located?)

Because I could not find any screws on the tv, i could not open up the back of the tv. I was, however, able to find two sets of latches ( or, at least that's what I think it's called)at the bottom side of the tv which appears to be the part that opens up the tv -the link below (my yahoo website)has photos of the bottom and back side of my tv.

http://www.geocities.com/akordest/My_Page3.html

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

thanks.
Archie

Here is a link that might be useful: Magnavok Photos - back and bottom side

Bookmark   June 6, 2005 at 1:41AM
pee_wee

The screws are on the back, not the bottom!!

I still think you should stay out of the tv, as you can't even find the screws, how do you expect to find any problem?

pw

Bookmark   June 7, 2005 at 11:36PM
akordest

sorry, I don't know.

I thought the first step in fixing the problem is to open the back and identify anything that looks faulty, even to a layman like me, and then report my findings, as well as the symptoms I am experiencing, so, hopefully, experts would have enough info to help me fix the problem.
The reason for this is I did some analysis on some of the postings and follow ups people made on this site, and it appeared most of them started by opening up the back.

Bookmark   June 8, 2005 at 12:44AM
More Discussions
13.2v Battery Charger
The battery charger for my Craftsman drill has died...
randy427
Throw them away ?
I have a DVD player, a cassette player , a tuner ,...
salbwil
Lost sound on my computer.
Once again I need your help. I have been persuaded...
ronalawn82
50" dlp tv
Here is a picture of the whole part...
tribefan53
Sound Goes Off Occasionally on TV
I have a Sharp ACQUOS TV. A few days ago, I started...
WalnutCreek Zone 7b/8a
People viewed this after searching for:
t v
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™