solar recharging

tim45z10June 3, 2014

Any idea the surface area of a solar panel required to charge a hearing aid battery?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
toxcrusadr

Probably very small. Without knowing the battery type and recharging demands, impossible to know.

Bookmark   July 17, 2014 at 6:28PM
Skie_M

Assuming it's a 3 volt lithium ion rechargeable button cell ...

The panel will need to put out 4.2 - 4.5 volts at 100 milliamps up to 300 milliamps, but not more than that ... It will also need a circut to stop charging if the battery heats up too much or gets saturated and fully charged.

For a 1.5 volt cell, you'll want to charge at a maximum of 2.5 volts, 100 - 300 milliamps.

The higher the milliamp rating, the faster the battery will charge, but the more heat that will be generated. Some batteries can handle 500+ milliamp charge rates (fast charging), but some can explode with only 200 milliamps if they are small and delicate.

If you have a store nearby like Staples, Batteries Plus, Target, or something similar, you can ask for more detailed information concerning your battery and home charging needs.

Bookmark   July 17, 2014 at 6:33PM
tim45z10

Apple will soon have an iwatch. Where you wear it is unknown. I thought about a hearing aid style, or behind the ear maybe. Curious as to what it would take to make it solar powered.

Bookmark   July 18, 2014 at 6:11PM
More Discussions
RCN Cable box question
I have a 55" LG LED tv. Its connected to an RCN...
andrelaplume2
arc breakers tripping
We have arc fault breakers and one of them keeps tripping,...
newhomeseattle
home stero using XM radio
i am building our retirement home and have installed...
coetexas
vizio xvt473sv dead
I have a 4 year old VIZIO XVT473SV that now has NO...
thew60
modem switch, ethernets, and extension cables
Hi, I'm hoping someone can steer me in the right direction....
jally
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™