Hitachi TV - No Sound

cherryfizzJune 6, 2005

I was watching television last night when our power went out. I unplugged the television set and when the power came back on 3 hours later my television had picture but no sound. (yes I plugged it back in LOL)

I really can't afford to take the tv in to get fixed right now and I am wondering if this can be fixed at home. I am electronically illiterate but my brother has a little bit of knowledge about these things so any suggestions would help.

The television is a Hitachi 20 inch stereo. The numbers I see on the back label are Nov 1993 - S3K058431

This television is my lifeline LOL - everything is attached to it including my internet.

Thanks

Anne

(whose used to love going on television repair house calls with her dad when televisions were made with tubes)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
pee_wee

Call up the customer menu, look at the audio setup, see if there is a "speaker off/on" command.

This is a fairly old set, so there may be a speaker switch on the back or the front, so look around.

pw

Bookmark   June 7, 2005 at 11:15PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cherryfizz

Thank you for your reply PW.

I didn't find any type of button on the television and I don't have the original remote for it anymore. I don't think y webtv remote can access the television menu so I bought a universal remote to see if I can access the television menu. Stupid thing only lets me access the picture, autoprogramming, channel memory but not the area where the sound is controlled.

Oh well, I guess I'll have to bring it somewhere to be fixed. I just wanted to avoid that.

Thanks

Anne

Bookmark   June 9, 2005 at 8:37PM
More Discussions
Humidifier or Air Purifier?
I have been transfered to this city, with a small-size...
walker1846
aspect ratio
We have 2009 insignia LCD. Am using Comcast mini hd...
stoveguyy
Lost sound on my computer.
Once again I need your help. I have been persuaded...
ronalawn82
Where to buy cassettes for music
We still play cassettes in two of our old cars. I need...
loralee
hdmi connection
i have a hd tv but standard cable. no hd premium service....
stoveguyy
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™