Brother 270d Needle Problem

amyjacksonDecember 18, 2006

I am trying to embroidery some last minute towels for Christmas. For some reason the needle on my machine keeps falling out while it is stitching. It has done this numerous times now and I cannot figure out why. Anyone know what might be causing this and how to fix it?? Thanks...

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bkfdwife

amy I have that machine and it happened to me 3 times yesterday too! I use the white disc that came with the machine for the thread to tighten the screw and it seems to be holding at the moment. I believe it loosens because of the vibration, but I'm not sure either. I do know it was a pain in the patootie, I did manage to ruin one towel!
Good luck!
Lisa

Bookmark   December 19, 2006 at 9:16AM
stitchntime9

As the other poster said, vibration loosens up everything. This is why you have to have the machine on a good, solid table. Right now I have mine on a Black & Decker workmate with a dining table pad underneath...no vibrations. quiets the noise, and makes it easy to scoot the machine around when I have to move it a bit.

You have to periodically check everything throughout the day to make sure it's tight and secure. I use a short regular flathead screwdriver (you should have received one of those in your accessory box, forget the plastic widget). The set screw for the foot gets loose too so you have to check and tighten that up (foot hanging rather wonky?).

Bookmark   December 20, 2006 at 1:02AM
bkfdwife

I just wanted to clarify that I use the plastic disc to avoid overtightening...which can strip out the needle shaft and be costly to repair. Just a side note!
Lisa

Bookmark   December 20, 2006 at 8:42AM
designsbymandy

My Brother Ulta 2003D does this all the time now. I have had it serviced three times, but they can't seem to duplicate the problem while they have my machine. Has anyone found out what could be the problem? (For me I know it is not vibration because I embroider on my kitchen counter tops.)

Bookmark   August 24, 2011 at 8:19PM
More Discussions
Making letters
What is the best way to make my letters and words even?...
tim45z10
thread breakage
Help please. I have a Futura CE200. All was well. Have...
crittersareme
Brother PC8500 Memory Card
I recently acquired a Brother PC8500. As this is my...
Rschum6718
Problem with HAINA machine (Tajima clone)
2 years ago I bought a 1 head 12 needles embroidery...
elis.g
hand embroidery needle HELP!!!
Hi! I need to find a specific type of embroidery needle:...
elenatogn
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™