stitches coming loose

wemamiDecember 22, 2006

I just purchased the futura CE200 and I am having a problem

with my stitches coming out on my satin stitch fonts, is there anything I should be doing to keep this from happening? I have only done two projects and after washing them the stitches come out.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Islay_Corbel

There's no way that that should be happening. Take the machine back to your dealer along with the washed items. I have embroidered towels, jeans etc which have survived many washings! The machine should be knotting threads by itself. It's not your job!

Bookmark   December 23, 2006 at 12:40AM
stitchntime9

You could be clipping your threads too close or not pulling the thread tails to the back. You should join the Yahoo groups for Futura. You will learn from them.

Bookmark   December 23, 2006 at 4:15AM
wemami

Thank you for all the responses. I am new to all this but I used the hyperfont to get my font. What are tie down stitches and how do you know if they are there?

Bookmark   December 23, 2006 at 7:50PM
org1

i say take the machine back... I hear a lot of complaints on that futura...

Bookmark   December 23, 2006 at 10:12PM
stitchntime9

It's actually a lock stitch where the needle penetrates the same spot several times to form a knot so to speak.

I found a solution for some designs that don't have that ending lock stitch. When the machine says it's done with that section, I hit the backspace (middle button) 3 times, hit the green light, and stitch to the end. It works.

The other option is to cut the jump stitches (the long stitches between letters) inbetween and pull them to the back when the design is completed.

I also recommend you join several of the Futura groups on Yahoo and review your machine manual and video that came with your machine. You learn a lot from these sources.

Bookmark   December 24, 2006 at 12:13PM
More Discussions
Hand Embroidery Tips & Techniques
I came across this site earlier today and wanted to...
lola8325 zone5KS
Viking embroidery machine software
I am interested in purchasing embroidery designing...
kiki31348
hand embroidery needle HELP!!!
Hi! I need to find a specific type of embroidery needle:...
elenatogn
Singer Quantum XL-6000
Hello everyone, This is a rant on Singer Quantum XL-6000...
ruby1942
separate forum for hand embroidery?
anyone else think this would be a good idea? machine...
mollyjanea
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™