new to embroidery

niki.boweDecember 16, 2012

I am making a few Christmas presents for friends and wanted to put their initials on their gifts. For one of my friends I quilted a bag for her and wanted to put each initial in a different square. Since I have never embroidered before I decided to practice on some scratch piece of fabric. I found my center and lined it up with on the bracket and attached it to my machine... the first one I tried it with a small letter and was pretty close to my center but on my second try I used a large letter and the foot shifted to the far left away from my center. Is this a setting that I accidentally set or am I just completely missing something?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dancingirl_gw

Your design/font should auto open with the needle in the center of the design and then when you start to embroider, it will shift to the starting point. Is your machine capable of selection of "start here" as well as center of design? You SHOULD have an option on your machine for moving the design in several directions to accommodate where you want it centered or where the needle will start. You only have to be alert to getting it too close to the hoop. If you have these options, just mark the spot on your fabric that you want to put the design (the center or starting point), mount the hoop, and then move until your needle is lined up with the mark.

Bookmark   December 17, 2012 at 1:46PM
More Discussions
Singer Futura CE100
Hi, I am new to the forum and desperate to speak to...
Karen_Ann
PE Design Software
I lost my PE design2 when I changed computers.I am...
Jmyelou
Singer Quantum XL-6000
Hello everyone, This is a rant on Singer Quantum XL-6000...
ruby1942
Hand Embroidery Tips & Techniques
I came across this site earlier today and wanted to...
lola8325 zone5KS
New to Machine Embroidery...Brother Innovis 4000D
Hi Everyone: I have just discovered this forum and...
SewReel
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™