Can someone help me?

Tracy821December 12, 2004

I'm new to the embroidery world and I was wondering if you can convert MACHINE embroidery designs into HAND embroidery designs. I want to hand stitch the designs not use a machine (which I couldn't do anyways since I don't own one). I found some beautiful designs on embroidery.com but can they be converted from machine to hand? Thanks so much.

Tracy

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
redpenny

I AM NOT SURE YOU CAN BUT WHY NOT SAVE AND COPY THE DESIGN AND THEN ENLARGE IT ON A PRINTER AS A TEMPLATE THEN COPY IT TO A FABRIC SHEET AND PRINT IT OUT AND YOU ARE READY TO HAND EMBROIDER?

Bookmark   December 12, 2004 at 6:28PM
Tracy821

So basically download it, trace the design, enlarge it on the photo copier at work and then get some sort of transfer paper and put it on the fabric I'm using? See I need to explain it to myself to make sure I get it. LOL!!!

Bookmark   December 12, 2004 at 6:38PM
redpenny

Tracy, cut the fabric you are going to use and put freezer paper on the back of it and put it in your printer a lot cheaper than buying the pre-made sheets scan your download on to the sheet. Do you have convertor box? I thought you didn't have one? Just copy picture of the embroidery design you want to do save it then print it then enlarge it.After you enlarge it "say you take it to a photo copy place or work to have it enlarged bring it home scan it and then print it out on your fabric sheet hope you understand what I am saying it is really simple.

Bookmark   December 12, 2004 at 7:52PM
Jean_R

Tracy
I remember being on such a website I believe for crosstitch designs but cant remember the name of the site
It seems like you could use Redwork or bluework designs. But it seems you would have to have some sort of softwear like "Embird" which is less than $100. I love embird with the liitle Icon. It lets you see the design not just a file. You can print it out from the softwear. You can downloade Embird free for a 30 day free trial
Try Google search engine
I have seen lots of free stuf on crafts sites too.
Just a suggestion
Plus I know there are hand emb groups out there Yahoo groups etc Oh Applique ones are easier too.
Good luck

Bookmark   January 3, 2005 at 10:59PM
More Discussions
Singer Futura CE100
Hi, I am new to the forum and desperate to speak to...
Karen_Ann
Problem with HAINA machine (Tajima clone)
2 years ago I bought a 1 head 12 needles embroidery...
elis.g
Help with embroidery
I just recieved the Brothers SE400 sewing and embroidery...
JordonWalker0722
hand embroidery needle HELP!!!
Hi! I need to find a specific type of embroidery needle:...
elenatogn
beginner to embroidery, need help!
I just purchased and received today, a Brother SE400...
abshelby
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™