I hate my DVD Recorder!!!

taniaJune 16, 2007

Do any of you have the Lite-On HD-A760GX DVD Recorder? This is the second DVD Recorder I buy. I just don't have any luck with them! I managed to record onto one DVD. When I went to record again, the stupid machine didn't want to recognize the DVDs I was using. So I went and bought a package of a brand the manual recommends. Hooray, I was able to burn to DVD again! Yay! Now that I want to burn again, the stupid machine isn't accepting the DVDs. I'm sooo irritated with this! And to top it off, I have a lot of stuff on the Hard Drive that I wanted to burn and cant!

Anyone else having any problems with this model?

Tania ~_~

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
netlos

pretty much all dvd burners act this way .thats why i got an electrohome one for like $50.00 and i have less issues than my sister (don't remember what brand it is),but i got no hard drive.try another brand of dvd very annoying but belive me my brother sells electronics and thats just the nature of the beast .good luck.

Bookmark   June 21, 2007 at 1:21AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
videoastonomer

Check to see if they have a web site and if there is a "firmware" update available for your model. Be careful, though. These firmware updates can be a fix or render the machine totally unusable. You usually download a file, burn it to a CD, then put the CD into your deck and turn it on to load it to your machine, or something like that. I had an ILO machine with a similar problem, but even though the update fixed it, the machine flaked and died about six months later anyway. Good luck.

Bookmark   June 21, 2007 at 11:43PM
More Discussions
cheap tv
got a nice working fully functional 32" lcd yesterday...
stoveguyy
50" dlp tv
Here is a picture of the whole part...
tribefan53
home stero using XM radio
i am building our retirement home and have installed...
coetexas
Humidifier or Air Purifier?
I have been transfered to this city, with a small-size...
walker1846
aspect ratio
We have 2009 insignia LCD. Am using Comcast mini hd...
stoveguyy
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™