I want to purchase an embroidery machine

bowbidoDecember 29, 2004

I work for franchisee of 20 pizzerias. I want to get an embroidery machine to apply employee names and titles to shirts, hats and aprons. I've been browsing through some sites and have seen machines from $300 to $40,000. I'm not looking to do any designs, just letters and numbers. We can spend as much as $150 per month per store to have our uniforms done at an embroidery shop. I think having our own machine will pay for itself. Can anyone suggest an appropriate machine for my needs? Or can you recommend what features I need in a machine for the projects I'll be doing? Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Erin

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
redpenny

There are some simple basic machines like brother and white. You could check them out I don't know the size of your lettering. Your best best is to check out the lettler sizing and number sizing to see if it meets your needs.

Bookmark   December 30, 2004 at 1:28AM
spidertaxi

Check out the Janome MC300e. It is an embroidery only machine which comes with two hoop sizes and you have the option of purchasing additional hoops including one that embroiders on hats. The ranges of the hoops go from 2 x 2 inches to 7 x 9 inches. The machine does lettering and numbers in several different sizes and fonts including the ability to download anything from the computer with an ATA card you plug into the machine. If you decide to go with this machine make sure the dealer updates the software to the latest version that will accept the largest hoop size (GigaHoop). These machines retail at $1400, so depending on your dealer I'm sure you can get it for below retail price.

http://janome.com/product_show.php?id=436

Bookmark   December 31, 2004 at 3:16AM
monicatx

If you haven't purchased your machine yet, check out (free) the consumers report magazine website for their sewing machine ratings. I just printed it out a few nights ago and it's great.

Here is a link that might be useful: consumer reports sewing machine ratings

Bookmark   January 4, 2005 at 11:39PM
More Discussions
beginner to embroidery, need help!
I just purchased and received today, a Brother SE400...
abshelby
Viking embroidery machine software
I am interested in purchasing embroidery designing...
kiki31348
Brother 270D
Hi to all, I may be the new owner of a Brother 270D...
byrdgirl65
PE Design Software
I lost my PE design2 when I changed computers.I am...
Jmyelou
Machine embroidery
I have a white 3300 embroidery machine I cannot figure...
Papillons
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™