Viking designer SE Upgrade

sadiesewsNovember 5, 2007

As a follow up to my 11/5 message, I found out what was happening to my designs after I had the upgrade for the jump stitch cutter. Those top threads when cut have to go somewhere, so they are pulled to the back and then as the stitching continues, they get caught in the stitches. The longer the jump stitches and the amount of jump stitches increases the messy back. The technician reminded me to go under "tools" and turn the cutter off when working with projedcts where the back will be seen. When I did that, the back was lovely. The cutter is such a time-saving device that I have decided to use it on projects where the back won't be seen; i.e. quilt blocks. Then when I want to do tablecloths or napkins I'll turn off the jump cutter and take the time to cut the stitches. It was alarming to me this weekend so I was glad today when I found out what I had to do to get those neat backs. I imagine Viking will release upgrades to this feature as time goes on. It's a good thing once I discovered how to use it.

More Discussions
Hand Embroidery Tips & Techniques
I came across this site earlier today and wanted to...
lola8325 zone5KS
pe design 2.0 help!!
hiya ive brought pe design 2.0 off of ebay its come...
mrsgeorge
Singer Futura CE100
Hi, I am new to the forum and desperate to speak to...
Karen_Ann
Pfaff 5D software
Hello, I am purchasing a Pfaff 2140 machine at a local...
byrdgirl65
Help!! Anyone have a Brother SE-270D embroidery unit?!
Help! I made a huge mistake. I knew nothing about sewing...
Caitmon
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™