Trying to embroider tea towels for Christmas

kraftyvadaNovember 17, 2007

I'm trying to embroider 7 sets of tea towels for xmas. I bought the PED basic and then found out I couldn't scan my patterns in and put it on the disk. I have gone thru the 25 pages of postings and my head is spinning!! I have learned a lot!! Wish I knew about this forum before I started! My question is, if I scan my transfers in, if I use one of the free converting programs, will that transfer to a PES file that I can use on my Innov-is 500D Brother? I've had the machine for about 2 years but the only thing I've done is monagram towels last year for christmas. My computer is an older model with Windows 98 so a lot of programs won't work. I can't afford to spend much on these new programs. Can anyone help?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mamawxfive

I have ped ver 6, but I am not sure that I know what you mean by scan my transfers in. Does your machine have memory card compatibility? I am just learning myself, so I may not be much help. I am sure someone knows exactly what you need to do.

Bookmark   November 18, 2007 at 2:30PM
msmeow

Are you scanning iron on transfers that are meant for hand embroidery? If so, you will need some kind of digitizing program, and then you will need to learn how to digitize. You would probably be better off to down load some designs that are already digitized. There are many sites that have free designs and many others that have designs for purchase. A few that come to mind are Embroidery Library, Ann the Gran, and My Embroidery Haven.

Donna

Bookmark   November 19, 2007 at 3:18PM
kraftyvada

Yea, that was my original plan was to scan in my regular iron on transfers, put them on a card for my machine and just do a regular outline stitch on them. Now I'm finding out that won't work. I have checked out the numerous sites (WOW!!!) and will probably have to end up using some of them instead. I love this site and I have learned so much!! Everybody is so helpful!! I'm trying to learn if the Embird program will do what I want for next time. I haven't downloaded the free trial yet, just a little bit leary about it still!!

Bookmark   November 21, 2007 at 10:59PM
More Discussions
pe design 2.0 help!!
hiya ive brought pe design 2.0 off of ebay its come...
mrsgeorge
Husqvarna-Viking Designer 1 Software
Hi all, I have recently decided to try out the embroidery...
MaryPrim
hand embroidery needle HELP!!!
Hi! I need to find a specific type of embroidery needle:...
elenatogn
thread breakage
Help please. I have a Futura CE200. All was well. Have...
crittersareme
Brother PE-SCAN Embroidery Scanner
Does anyone have a Brother PE-SCAN Embroidery Scanner...
redpenny
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™