need a good am fm radio with separation

victory_tea2085May 13, 2008

I would like to buy an am fm radio- no cd-no extras. I want it to be able to pick up am stations without getting 2 stations at once. I would like it to be battery as well as plugin. Please help ( it will be a dad's day present) Thanks!! Paul

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jdbillp

While not cheap, the Tivoli PAL is a am/fm radio with a great tuner. It runs on a/c or its rechargeable batteries.

Here is a link that might be useful: Tivoli PAL

Bookmark   May 14, 2008 at 12:17AM
nancyinmich

My favorite radio these days is my shower radio. It is AM, FM, TV band, weather band - but nothing else. It runs on batteries and does not plug in, but if you had a rechargeable battery set-up, it would be fine. I think the water-resistant features are why it does not plug in. The reason I like it so much is that I get great reception - no static on the AM, which is important in our house since the Pistons and Red Wings are both in the playoffs and we like to get the radio play-by-play for our blind elder to hear. I carry the radio around in the morning when I am getting ready for work (it has a handy carry-cord). The batteries do seem to last a long time, too. The tuning function is helpful, you can just go forward or backward through the frequencies, no search function that only zeros in on stations with good signals. I can scroll down the dial by the little increments - FM 97.3, 97.2, 97.1 or AM 1210, 1220, 1230. If the station will come in, no problems with bleeding, but then I am in a huge metro area and am not picking up station in the next state, either. There is an easy-to-use way to set five favorite stations on the memory buttons, too. Cost:$45

Here is a link that might be useful: Sony shower radio

Bookmark   May 15, 2008 at 12:57PM
victory_tea2085

Thanks to both of you for the reply. I guess I can't ask my wife to spend 200+ for the radio. Also, I need a radio that will plug in as well as run on batteries. Hoping for some more suggestions. Paul

Bookmark   May 15, 2008 at 2:53PM
chris8796

The GE super radio was long the benchmark for portable AM/FM radios (especially AM). It looks like they quit making them but you can still pick them up on ebay (used). They do run on cords or batteries.

Bookmark   May 16, 2008 at 3:10PM
More Discussions
seek expert on plug-in wax-tart warmers
I bought this plug-in tart warmer via the Net, made-in-china,...
jally
home stero using XM radio
i am building our retirement home and have installed...
coetexas
50" dlp tv
Here is a picture of the whole part...
tribefan53
POTS phone extension over local ethernet?
Through a mess up in communication I got a gigabit...
rwiegand
Philips/Magnavox Tv Problems ?
To get assistance on Philips/Magnavox TV: Post the...
pee_wee
Sponsored Products
MRF-600MT Maestro 600W Preset Smart Dimmer Package
Lightology
Passport Key
$19.50 | FRONTGATE
Geneva Sound System - Model XL Wireless - HiFi - Geneva Lab
$2,299.00 | HORNE
Lite Source Contento 2-Outlet Polished Steel Table Lamp
Lamps Plus
Albergo Stereo Speaker by Tivoli Audio
$93.75 | Lumens
36" Outlook Oil-Rubbed Bronze Ceiling Fan
Lamps Plus
Desk Lamps: 16.5 in. Pink Apple Docking Speaker Lamp with Alarm Clock, FM Radio,
Home Depot
Crosley Alexandria Expandable Bar Cabinet - KF40001ABK
$450.00 | Hayneedle
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™