Bobbin Thread showing on PE 180D

ChristinVNovember 22, 2004

I have a Brother PE 180D that usually works fine. However, when I run out of bobbin thread in the middle of design it seems to freak it out! When I start up again the lower thread shows on the top, so much so that you can't even see the upper thread. The problem does not lie with the upper thread tension, and I am sure that I am threading the upper thread correctly. I have an inkling that the problem lies in the lower thread tension but I have no idea how to fix that. Any suggestions? Thanks so much!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
msmeow

My PC8500 sometimes leaves a pretty long piece of bobbin thread when it runs out, and sometimes that will pull to the top when I start again. Are you sure it's the new bobbin thread coming up? Seems weird that it works fine unless you change the bobbin in the middle of a design. Do you have to take the hoop off to get to the bobbin? If not, maybe you aren't getting the bobbin in quite right, or the thread in the tension quite right. I know mine is sometimes hard to get the thread in right because the embroidery arm is in the way.

Bookmark   November 23, 2004 at 5:50PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
vanitaevans_hotmail_com

Christin -- take your bobbin out and put it in correctly - this will probably take care of your bobbin thread coming to the top. Make sure you also bring the bobbin thread out in the correct manner - I have a Brother PE 770.

Bookmark   June 10, 2011 at 12:16PM
More Discussions
thread breakage
Help please. I have a Futura CE200. All was well. Have...
crittersareme
Machine embroidery
I have a white 3300 embroidery machine I cannot figure...
Papillons
Viking embroidery machine software
I am interested in purchasing embroidery designing...
kiki31348
Brother PC8500 Memory Card
I recently acquired a Brother PC8500. As this is my...
Rschum6718
Singer Quantum XL-6000
Hello everyone, This is a rant on Singer Quantum XL-6000...
ruby1942
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™