In the Market for an embroidery Machine

catmom50November 21, 2004

With a budget of 800$ any ideas of a good machine for embroidery? I have been told the Janome300E,White 3300, and Husqvarna Iris are in my price range. I just don't want to get into something that is going to end up costing me alot to add to.

I have a good Janome sewing machine so only need embroidery.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
joansews4u

Besides the cost of your machine, the cost of your supplies to get started gets expensive quick. You will need several kinds of stabilizers, bobbin thread, embroidery thread, scissors to clip threads called "jump stitches", spray adhesives & etc.

Go to the Thread Artist site & check out her free lessons on embroidery. Those will help you understand the concept & maybe give you an idea of what you need by what you plan to use it for. These give insight to supplies you need & maybe will shead light on what choice to make in your machine purchase. FIND A GOOD DEALER THAT CAN ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS BEFORE HAND & AFTER YOU BUY!

Bookmark   November 21, 2004 at 7:59PM
monamoore

I have a big problem. I already have clients lined up, but i don't have an embroidery machine. I'm going into business to make custom made items with embroidery, but i don't know which machine to buy. I can't invest TOO much money. Any ideas?

Bookmark   November 21, 2004 at 9:01PM
redpenny

If you are doing custom made items with embroidery you will need a larger hoop area than the Brother pe-150 or the White machines the price range can be from $800 to over a $1,000 dollars!
Besides the cost of your machine, the cost of your supplies to get started gets expensive quick. You will need several kinds of stabilizers, bobbins and needles , embroidery thread, scissors to clip threads called "jump stitches", spray adhesives & etc You never did state what you wanted to INVEST?

Bookmark   November 22, 2004 at 1:33AM
mickeymaker2003

If you don't mind getting a used machine, you should be able to find a Brother 8200 on ebay or maybe from a dealer for under $800. That would get you a 5x7 sewing field (and the ability to sew in case your other sewing machine is in the shop).

Bookmark   November 22, 2004 at 11:36PM
catmom50

Ok, I have decided on a Janome 300E. I had a test drive today, and loved it. Maybe not top of the line, but for home use for a beginner, I think it is what I could get lots of use out of.

Bookmark   November 23, 2004 at 12:27AM
More Discussions
New to Machine Embroidery...Brother Innovis 4000D
Hi Everyone: I have just discovered this forum and...
SewReel
Viking embroidery machine software
I am interested in purchasing embroidery designing...
kiki31348
Wanting to know more about machine embroidery
A friend brought back from France a really beautiful...
Ennoh
Machine embroidery
I have a white 3300 embroidery machine I cannot figure...
Papillons
Singer Futura CE100
Hi, I am new to the forum and desperate to speak to...
Karen_Ann
Sponsored Products
Contemporary Indoor/Outdoor ALMA Rugs Reflex Blue 6 ft. 6 in. x Your Choice
$16.10 | Home Depot
Castello Black Rectangular: 5 ft. 5 in. x 7 ft. 7 in. Rug
$149.00 | Bellacor
Rosetta Indoor Area Rug - 2'7" x 10'
Grandin Road
Deny Designs Khristian A Howell Sedona Fleece Throw Blanket - 14423-FLESMA
$59.00 | Hayneedle
Mosaic Flushmount by Oggetti Luce
$608.00 | Lumens
Grey Ella Pinch Reversible Comforter Set
$69.99 | zulily
American Rug Craftsmen Augusta Omaha Grey Black (10' x 14')
Overstock.com
Pewter Prema Punched Metal Table Lamp Base
Cost Plus World Market
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™