Which Card Reader and Software for Brother SE270D

nsndNovember 14, 2005

Which Card Reader and Software for Brother SE270D should I get for my wife... she wants 1. to use for CD's she buys and 2. hopefully use software to create her own stuff as well as 3. I want to create stuff in Photoshop and convert it to be used on her machine.

What card reader should we choose and what is the difference?

What Software should we use and what will do what I want?

Thanks,

Nathan

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
msmeow

You really need to talk with the Brother dealer...there are so many choices and you need to make sure you get the right one.

As far as creating your own designs (digitizing) the Brother software - PE Design - is pretty expensive; also, you can't just import a picture from Photoshop and stitch it out on fabric. It's much more complex than that to get good results, and photo type designs are extremely dense and stiff when stitched out.

There are other digitizing programs that are not as expensive as PE Design - Embird is one. I'd recommend an Internet search for home embroidery software and do some research on your own, but you really do need to talk to the Brother dealer so you get the right box, as they aren't cheap either!

Donna

Bookmark   November 15, 2005 at 3:41PM
More Discussions
thread breakage
Help please. I have a Futura CE200. All was well. Have...
crittersareme
P E Design v4.02 software question
I bought a used emb. machine exactly like one I already...
dancingirl_gw
Wanting to know more about machine embroidery
A friend brought back from France a really beautiful...
Ennoh
Pfaff 5D software
Hello, I am purchasing a Pfaff 2140 machine at a local...
byrdgirl65
New to Machine Embroidery...Brother Innovis 4000D
Hi Everyone: I have just discovered this forum and...
SewReel
Sponsored Products
Moda Chrome Two-Light 14-Inch Pendant with Swarovski Strass Sapphire Blue Crysta
Bellacor
ACF by Nameeks ACF ANS28-GO New Space 39-in. Single Bathroom Vanity Set - Gray O
Hayneedle
Danze Parma Trim Only Single Handle Pressure Balance Shower Faucet - Brushed Nic
Modern Bathroom
Hudson Valley Lighting | Edison 9 Inch Ceiling Light
$172.00 | YLighting
Nina St. Clair Crimson Leather Swivel Chair - RED
$1,799.00 | Horchow
Steam Spa Royal Package for Steam Spa 7.5kW Steam Generators in Brushed Nickel
Beyond Stores
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™