Thread bargain

joansews4uNovember 5, 2004

I bought the whole tread range of ARC thread from Allbrands in LA in Sept for $349 for the 288 cones plus a CD of 3700 designs. I was very pleased with the bonus CD. I now see they have it for $299. S/H was less than $12. A good item to put on your Christmas wish list.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
msmeow

Thanks for the info, Joan! I also saw in my JoAnn's flyer that beginning Nov. 11 they have thread and notions 50% off.

Bookmark   November 5, 2004 at 2:33PM
redpenny

I am waiting to for the Sale at Joann's they are having a big Veterans Sale! Embroidery thread I am running low!

Bookmark   November 5, 2004 at 3:44PM
sherwood38

I have a lot of threads because I gots lots & lots FREE with my Koala cabinet two years ago and then another lot free this spring when I bought their craft table.

However I seem to run out of white and black embroidery thread sooner than any other color so I was glad when I saw that flyer from JoAnn's I plan to stock up on those two colors. I am participating in a bookmark & Christmas Card exchange and have to make approx 20 bookmarks!

Pat

Bookmark   November 5, 2004 at 5:36PM
rubyjud

I bought some really beautiful threads from the internet....they are incredible...BUT they break.....I have found that the local stores that sell coats and clark....those do not break.....not so shiny....but they do not break like the others that I have bought....try this out.....this is what I have found out....judy in louisiana

Bookmark   November 18, 2004 at 9:54PM
keepeminstitches

I get machine embroidery thread on-line from Threadetc.com. It's Isacord polyester. Once a month, they have a special column on sale for $3.10 per 1000m spool, plus s & h. I usually order 10 spools which comes to $40 including s & h (cheaper than the local dealer). I'm trying to collect all 300+ colors. They also have 10 or so neon colors. I have NEVER had it break on me. Very good, fast service, too.

Keepeminstitches

Bookmark   November 19, 2004 at 7:41PM
joansews4u

If you folks have not tried ARC thread, I encourage you to do so. These are 1000mm polyester cones/spools for a fraction over a dollar each PLUS you get the design card with 3700 designs with several fonts in 3 sizes that can be reduced 10% & increased 20%. There are many catagories of designs, mascots, occupations, sports of several kind. Just a bunch of useful things. My daughter said the CD was worth what I paid for the package deal. There are ARC thread charts on line so you can see the full color range.

Bookmark   November 20, 2004 at 1:15AM
atcsgame

I have bought the Sylko Machine Embroidery Thread 100% polyester 5000 meter cone 40 weight from Fabric.com. They currently have it for $2.95 per cone. It is made by coats & clark. I like this thread and do not have any breakage problems. I put in on a large thread stand. I had purchased several cones a few years back and really liked the thread. I just recently noticed this other vendor.

Bookmark   November 20, 2004 at 1:11PM
joansews4u

That is a bargain. I paid $15 each for 2 colors of Sylkoin the 5000 meter cones. I had to have it for a big, hurry up project when I couldn't wait for a shipment.

Bookmark   November 20, 2004 at 10:52PM
lieut27

I too bought the ARC thread at 299.00. It is great. No thread breaks and a bargain. Shipping was 11.00. Received in two days. They also offer a free thread converter download online. The website is www.melcomart.com

Bookmark   November 22, 2004 at 6:24PM
rubyjud

ok...joan...where do we find the ARC threads....thanks ...I appreciate your recommendation...but how do we find it...thanks.....Judy in Louisiana

Bookmark   November 23, 2004 at 12:52AM
joansews4u

SmockingPleaters.com This will take you there Judy

Bookmark   November 23, 2004 at 6:40AM
Jean_R

I found bargains on thread etc at www.brothermall2.com
needles thread scissors stablizers great one price shipping too and they sent me a free thread sample chart
Also found great deals at www.thethreadexchange.com
Plus my local bedding outlet serger giant cones for one buck and bobbin thread lil"logs" each will wind 2 whole bobbins full. More than I can use in my lifetime. Just like passing on great deals to all of us sewers Happy sewing all

Bookmark   January 4, 2005 at 12:27AM
AuntMary

Hi,
You might check out Marathon Threads, www.marathonthreadsusa.com. They have a special to expire tomorrow, 320 1100 yd cones, free shipping for 456.75. I have used the threads and they are very good. No breakage and true colors, no streaking. I ordered once from the web and once was enough.

Bookmark   January 30, 2005 at 8:01PM
mimirose

Check Threadart.com - great prices, fast shipping, wonderful thread

Bookmark   July 22, 2006 at 5:57PM
More Discussions
beginner to embroidery, need help!
I just purchased and received today, a Brother SE400...
abshelby
Hand Embroidery Tips & Techniques
I came across this site earlier today and wanted to...
lola8325 zone5KS
Need help with my Janome 350e
I have a Janome 350e. It has been sewing beautifully....
Hilary Motzouris
pe design 2.0 help!!
hiya ive brought pe design 2.0 off of ebay its come...
mrsgeorge
Husqvarna-Viking Designer 1 Software
Hi all, I have recently decided to try out the embroidery...
MaryPrim
Sponsored Products
Sonneman | Bronze Age Pendant
$400.00 | YLighting
Whittington Privacy Spindle - Fine Threaded
Signature Hardware
King Chinois Duvet Cover 105" x 90" - IVORY (KING)
$710.00 | Horchow
A & L Furniture Sundown Agora 6 ft. Cushion for Bench or Porch Swing - 1016-BURG
$149.98 | Hayneedle
Wrinkle Resistant Duvet
Grandin Road
Giza Pillow Sham
$199.00 | FRONTGATE
Foscarini | Lite Piccola Table Lamp
$592.00 | YLighting
Threaded Cylinder Pendant Lighting with Crystal Decoration
ParrotUncle
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™