PLEASE Help me pick a writer box

TChampluvierNovember 7, 2005

Ultimate box, Amazing box, or Brother PE Design???

I have a Brother PC 6500 and my computer has Windows XP

I would like to spend only $200.

From my understanding the PE Design has to be a 5.0 (cost $899) in order to work for me and that is far out of my price range.

The ultimate box may be a bit cheaper than the amazing box but I'm not sold on that, so confusing.

I am thinking that the Amazing box is what I will want. I know it works for my machine but what about my computer? Is it XP compatible? Another question, is it worth it to spend the extra money and get the Amazing box II that comes with the magic 2 digitizing software now. I can get it at AllBrands for $280

Creativity can sometimes be a curse.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
colleenny

I have the Ultimate box which is compatible with Brother machines and windows XP. It is also compatible with Embird if you are thinking about getting that.

Bookmark   November 7, 2005 at 8:26PM
msmeow

Well, this won't help you, because I have the Amazing Box and it is also compatible with Brother and XP! If you only want to be able to copy designs onto the card for the machine, I think any reader/writer will work. I don't know about the Ultimate Box, but the Amazing Box converts file formats to .pes.

If you want to edit designs, you'll need some kind of software like Embird, and if you want to digitize your own designs you'll need digitizing software like PE Design or the Embird plug in for digitizing. You'll also need a lot of time and patience to learn how to do it!

Donna

Bookmark   November 9, 2005 at 4:05PM
colleenny

The Ultimate box doesn't convert formats. You need a seperate program for that. I didn't know that about the Amazing box.

Bookmark   November 10, 2005 at 11:02AM
thelmalee

When I had my brother I used PED basic. It is only for copying to a card but works great. You can download designs and copy to the card. It is just over $100.00 I think.

Bookmark   November 10, 2005 at 2:07PM
More Discussions
thread breakage
Help please. I have a Futura CE200. All was well. Have...
crittersareme
hand embroidery needle HELP!!!
Hi! I need to find a specific type of embroidery needle:...
elenatogn
separate forum for hand embroidery?
anyone else think this would be a good idea? machine...
Molly Adams
Singer Futura CE100
Hi, I am new to the forum and desperate to speak to...
Karen_Ann
Machine embroidery
I have a white 3300 embroidery machine I cannot figure...
Papillons
Sponsored Products
Mouse Square Outdoor Deck/Step Light
Lightology
Saarinen Side Table
Design Within Reach
Fairmont Designs 30" Lifestyle Collection Shaker Vanity - Dark Cherry
Modern Bathroom
Two Marcella Mahogany Splat-Back Side Chairs - MAHOGANY
$1,179.00 | Horchow
Rovello Chrome Five-Light Drum Pendant with Crystals and Black Shade
$400.95 | Bellacor
Outdoor Lighting. 1-Light 14 in. Outdoor Smoked Silver Wall Sconce with White Sw
Home Depot
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™