babylock ellure

mstevensonNovember 22, 2005

I have a babylock ellure. When I am embroidering the thread keeps breaking. The manual says to put a net over the thread. Does anyone know anything about this? Is this something you buy or make yourself? Thanks for your help.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dayenu

you buy them in packets. what they do is prevent the thread from falling loose under the spool getting caught and then breaking from too much tension. but thats not the only cause of breakage. Are you using embroidery needles> they have a thin groove for the thicker thread.

the other solution is to only buy threads that have that little platform base like Isacord. or to have your thread arranged horizontally rather than vertically. Hope this helps.

Bookmark   November 24, 2005 at 10:43AM
mstevenson

Thanks, I guess I will try to find some. Yes, I am using an embroidery needle. The other problem I seem to have is everything goes well till it starts outlining the pattern and for some reason the outline is bigger. Hope I explained that right.

Bookmark   November 28, 2005 at 4:53PM
dayenu

your fabric may not be hooped tight enough. try that.

Bookmark   November 29, 2005 at 8:22AM
snufferjets

Make sure that the bobbin is threaded counter clockwise. I find that when the second layer of stitching starts and it is more difficult to sew thru the fabric, the tension makes the thread break more. It is very annoying!!!HOpe it helps. Melanie

Bookmark   May 6, 2006 at 12:18AM
Islay_Corbel

If the outline is not matching, it's often a stabiliser problem. Try another layer. Don't pull the fabrid too tight in the hop - when you take the fabric out of the hoop, it'll spring back to it's original size and the embroidery with pucker. I find Schmetz universal needles the best. I also like to put all the larger bobbins on a seperate stand next to the machine.

Bookmark   May 6, 2006 at 2:40AM
More Discussions
Stabilizer removal
I mostly use a tear-away stabilizer with a spray adhesive...
hudakore
thread breakage
Help please. I have a Futura CE200. All was well. Have...
crittersareme
Wanting to know more about machine embroidery
A friend brought back from France a really beautiful...
Ennoh
separate forum for hand embroidery?
anyone else think this would be a good idea? machine...
Molly Adams
Babylock Palette v9
Help! After a windows 8 update today, my card reader/writer...
kyserparker
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™