Undercabinet mounted kitchen TV recommendations

apbnashMay 30, 2010

Does anyone have any recommendations for an undermounted kitchen cabinet TV? I'm redoing my kitchen and so want to plan for this (wiring, etc.) and just wondered if any of you have these in your kitchen and what brands/features you would recommend. I do think I would like one with a screen size of over 10 inches because that way it could be viewed from the kitchen island or kitchen table.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
maryland_irisman

Your biggest issue will be the antenna. If you have a house antenna, you'll want to install a splitter and run a cable to your TV. The aerial that comes with the TV could be very cumbersome if it needs to be adjusted, especially if it has to stick out from under the cabinets. Keep in mind that each time you split the antenna cable, you lose at least 5db of signal. Depending on how many times you've already split the cable and how strong your signal is, you may have to add an amplified distribution. This is all simple to do, and worth considering. You also want to be able to plug the tv in so make sure there is a receptacle close enough where you can hide the wiring and not have to use any extension cords. Don't mount the tv where it can be exposed to steam from cooking, coffee pots, hot oven and water from the sink. If you mount it near a microwave, you will get disturbance while the microwave is running. If you spend a lot of time in the kitchen, it's worth the effort. In my case, when I wake up in the morning and am having my coffee before tackling my day, it's great to catch the news and weather sitting at the breakfast nook.

Bookmark   June 1, 2010 at 6:12PM
More Discussions
plug-in tart warmers - parchment-paper safe?
Hi, re: plug-in wax-tart warmers: Is it safe to cover...
jally
Sound Goes Off Occasionally on TV
I have a Sharp ACQUOS TV. A few days ago, I started...
WalnutCreek Zone 7b/8a
aspect ratio
We have 2009 insignia LCD. Am using Comcast mini hd...
stoveguyy
Need a new Tv, thoughts on led/plasma
Im in the market to get a new tv. I have always preferred...
aellis722
Cables and wiring? Cat6, hdmi, coaxial, ethernet?
I've been reading a lot on here about wiring our new...
tulips33
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™