Can records be made into CD's ?

toomuchglassMay 6, 2007

I have a bunch of old records that I would love to have recorded onto CD's. Is this possible ? Any advice you can give me would be REALLY Appreciated - these are my deceased father's records and just listening to some of them would bring back beautiful memories. Thanks !

Kathy

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
steve_o

Yes, and there are companies out there which will do it for you.

You also can do it yourself, but you will need a CD writer (or "burner") and, of course, a turntable and amplifier. You can either buy a standalone CD-writer, connect it to your stereo system, and record onto it almost as if you were making a tape copy.

Many people, though (me included) prefer to route the amplified turntable signal into their computer (most recent computers will have acceptable -- not great -- sound circuitry for this) and use software which can eliminate pops and clicks, delete unwanted tracks, make sound levels equal, etc. Bear in mind, though, that this "perfection" has a price in your time.

But yes, it definitely can be done!

Bookmark   May 6, 2007 at 10:19PM
toomuchglass

Thank you SOOOOOO Much ! Since I Don't have alot of computer knowledge (or time for that matter ) what kind of company would I contact to do that ? I can't even begin to imagine how to start looking or even what to look under in the phone book! It might pay for itself just to have them done for me. Now I'm excited !

Bookmark   May 7, 2007 at 10:34AM
jdbillp

Look in the yellow pages under "Audio Production" and start calling.

Bookmark   May 7, 2007 at 10:00PM
triple7allstar

Hi Kathy,

I'm a musician and producer. I have my own (albeit small) operation out of Seattle. I write, record, etc. I have all of the necessary equipment to do this for you and would love to work out a deal. I would work out a price with you that was very fair - since I am not a huge production house.

If you're interested, PM me or reply to this post.

Best wishes
Tyler

Bookmark   May 16, 2007 at 3:23PM
toomuchglass

I sent you an e mail , Tyler. Hope you get it & thank you :)

Bookmark   May 16, 2007 at 4:57PM
More Discussions
home stero using XM radio
i am building our retirement home and have installed...
coetexas
plug-in 15w bulb caused sticky mess (wax melt)
Stupid me, I bought a plug-in wax melter / tart-warmer...
jally
50" dlp tv
Here is a picture of the whole part...
tribefan53
RCN Cable box question
I have a 55" LG LED tv. Its connected to an RCN...
andrelaplume2
vizio xvt473sv dead
I have a 4 year old VIZIO XVT473SV that now has NO...
thew60
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™