HELP! Washing machine screw up

cearabJuly 9, 2007

I know this should be posted on the appliance forum, but it doesn't look too active. So I am hoping someone here will let me know if I have a disaster on my hands.

I just put a set of sheets in the washing machine. Kitchenaid, Super heavy duty capacity machine, about 6 years old. I wasn't paying attention, and before you know it, I put the detergent in the place where you put fabric softener. I am using the All super concentrated formula (HE). I didn't want to let it sit in there, so I topped it off with water (as you are supposed to do when you put the fabric softener in), and am now running the machine. I did not put more detergent in. My intention is to run it through another cycle again with just plain water, and then wash the sheets as normal, with fabric softener and detergent.

What a boneheaded move!!!

Am I in trouble here? Any suggestions?

TIA from the bonehead.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lucy

Call Kitchen Aid (Google) and ask them to get a definitive and true answer. You may be ok, but I'd want to know for sure.

Bookmark   July 9, 2007 at 4:06PM
gin_gin

Try the Laundry Room Forum, it's very active. I think the machine will be fine though, may just take a few cycles to get all the detergent out of the softener dispenser. I'd pour hot water in there & run a couple more cycles.

Bookmark   July 9, 2007 at 4:54PM
chapnc

I highly doubt you've damaged your machine, or your laundry. Just run plenty of hot water thru the dispenser to dissolve any remaining detergent.

The only difference between the detergent dispenser and the fabric softener dispenser is the timing when the contents are released. Detergent at the beginning, fabric softener during the rinse. Most likely, both dispensers have the same sized resevoir cups and the same sized delivery tube. Nothing is going to be damaged. Relax.

Bookmark   July 10, 2007 at 2:01AM
cearab

Thanks all. I did run through another 2 cycles, and have another one running right now. I called Kitchenaid and they told me just to run a few cycles through and the machine should not be damaged.
I was remembering the time my neighbors son put the laundry detergent into the dryer, thinking it was the washing machine. That was a nice repair bill!

Bookmark   July 10, 2007 at 8:56AM
More Discussions
Chimney waterproofing
Hi I desperately need help here First time home owner Today...
mishyq
Termites? Or what is it....... Oh no!
Okay I was adding a small entry door to my garage (have...
jeffpas
Strange 'fishy' smell
Hello all - My parents are having an issue with a somewhat...
tarajen
Bleach on carpet
Okay, posted at one fo the other boards, but I am desperate!! Hello,...
Jessarlyn
Walk me through overflowed tub, waterfall in kitchen disaster
Yup. My 15 yo ds woke up this am, decided to take a...
nini804
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™