where to go for repairs

annrnNovember 18, 2006

I have a HV Platinum Plus that is 2.5 years old. Last night I was going to embroider some towels and I couldn't. I rarely embroider on this machine, maybe every 4-6 months I do sew a few times a month. Anyway,the embroidery part of the machine is "all messed up" I am so frustrated with expensive computerized sewing machines. This is my second emb. machine. It seems that they end up in the shop, alot. The last time I took this machine in, the techs messed something up and I had to take it back for them to fix it. I took the machine to the place I bought it from, to be fixed. Do I go there again so they know the history of this machine, or find someone else to fix it. Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
colleenny

Can you find an "Authorized repair service" in your area? Look in the phone book. I wouldn't give the people you originally took it to a chance to mess up again. Colleen

Bookmark   November 18, 2006 at 7:28AM
Islay_Corbel

Don't blame computerised machines - where would we be without them? Sounds like the tech people are not great. It's no longer under guarantee so try somewhere else.

Bookmark   November 19, 2006 at 12:54AM
annrn

I found out that because my machine is still under warranty I have to return to the place I bought it from to be serviced to ensure coverage of the warranty. (According to the rules of the warranty if the the store is within a 50 mile radius) After talking to a tech at a different store, I realized that the sensors of the machine are very sensitive and it IS important to have it cleaned and tuned on a regular basis. I'll just keep my fingers crossed that the repair job will be done correctly.

Islay Corbel - I'm not blaming computerized machines. I'm speaking from my experiences with the two computerized sewing machines I've had compared with the mechanical machines.

Bookmark   November 19, 2006 at 8:05AM
More Discussions
hand embroidery needle HELP!!!
Hi! I need to find a specific type of embroidery needle:...
elenatogn
Viking embroidery machine software
I am interested in purchasing embroidery designing...
kiki31348
beginner to embroidery, need help!
I just purchased and received today, a Brother SE400...
abshelby
Wanting to know more about machine embroidery
A friend brought back from France a really beautiful...
Ennoh
Bobbin Thread Rising into Embroideries
I have a new (since February) Huqsvarna Rose sewing/embroidery...
pchoench
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™