First time embroiderer

madgirl343November 12, 2006

can someone please tell me how to hoop a t-shirt so I only embroider on the front side

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Islay_Corbel

The easiest thing to do is to hoop the stabiliser, then spray it with some 505 basting spray, then place the t shirt on the sticky surface; You'll have to almost turn the shirt inside out to get it just where you want. You can carefully pin it down, making sure that there aren't any pins in the sewing area. Stay with it to make sure it doesn't get all caught up on the machine.

Bookmark   November 12, 2006 at 2:27AM
ngmnewlywed

I always baste the stabilizer first so you can see the sewing area, then turn the shirt inside out (as suggested above) and sometimes I even go in from the bottom of the shirt and flip the design upside down to make it easier. I then baste the shirt and continue with the embroidery. Pinning in place is always helpfull. After basting the stabilizer, you are for sure out of the way of the sewing area. Hope this helps.
Susie

Bookmark   November 12, 2006 at 7:53PM
moggy_11

I am just starting to use the Simplicity SE3, which I am so excited about. Never having usedan embroidery machine before.
My machine has holders, but I have taken written advice to use a stablizer. I bought it today to start embroidering the first item tomorrow. i was advised to use "Sulky Sticky+".
I have also purchased RA embroidery thread, and the Madera sampler. I can see the thread required to try the first embroidery out, I do not have the colors, as they are dark colors. But one I believe change colors as required, on this specific machine.
Any information on how this goes would be appreciated.

I embroider by hand and have done for too many years this is a totally new concept for me.
Many thanks,
Moggy_11

Bookmark   November 29, 2006 at 11:18PM
More Discussions
New to Machine Embroidery...Brother Innovis 4000D
Hi Everyone: I have just discovered this forum and...
SewReel
Wanting to know more about machine embroidery
A friend brought back from France a really beautiful...
Ennoh
Brother PC8500 Memory Card
I recently acquired a Brother PC8500. As this is my...
rschum6718
thread breakage
Help please. I have a Futura CE200. All was well. Have...
crittersareme
P E Design v4.02 software question
I bought a used emb. machine exactly like one I already...
dancingirl_gw
Sponsored Products
Menlo Park Three-Light Old Bronze Chandelier
$750.00 | Bellacor
Thomas Kinkade A Peaceful Time Shade 12x12x8.5
$59.99 | Lamps Plus
Sandoval Rug 4' x 6' - BEIGE
$999.00 | Horchow
Coral & Ivory Diego Wool Rug
$32.99 | zulily
RGB-pixelpro-reel-12 RGB PixelPro LED Strip Light by the reel
EnvironmentalLights.com
Rich Brilliant Willing | Quart Floor Lamp
YLighting
Numberless Clock
$34.99 | Dot & Bo
Marseille Antique Bronze Twenty-Four Light 38-Inch Chandelier with Royal Cut Cle
Bellacor
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™