Philips magnavox t.v. problem

toni322May 1, 2010

I have a 27" Magnavox TV model RS1966 B421 packed in

August 1993. The problem is that the menus (for adjusting

color, closed caption, input, etc.) are not being displayed.

One day they were there. The next day (after my daughter used

the television) they weren't.

I cannot use the menu button on the remote, but I can push arrow keys to select and change the volume. Also, if I push the volume keys, the closed captions come up. I can't see the setting names or change any other settings. Plus there are a bunch of numbers and letters at the bottom of the screen.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sunny1_2010

I have a Phillips model #PTV375-A001 that was given to me. I do not have the remote. I keep getting a message to set channel memory. Is there a way to reset the TV?

Bookmark   May 21, 2010 at 5:34PM
maryland_irisman

Tony....The remote may have to be synch'ed with the tv. If that is the case your manual would explain how to do that. Also check the batteries in the remote and make sure the front is clean so the ir signal is not being blocked. If all else fails, unplug the unit, let it sit for about 15 minutes and plug it back in. Sometimes this "reboot" process clears problems and puts things back to factory default settings.

sunny1...You can buy universal remotes very cheaply, Walmart has a good selection and a few guarantee their product will operate anything out there. Many of them, you need only press "TV" and then the up or down arrow until the unit shuts off. Then the remote is in general, matched to your tv. Of course the instructions that come with the remote, will give full instructions. As explained above, turn the unit off and unplug it. Wait 10-15 minutes and plug it back in and you might be good to go. Some TV's have a "reset to default" button, others must be reset through a menu selection.

Bookmark   June 1, 2010 at 6:30PM
crosscomp

First off thank you for all the help you give,you are a
God send! Now for the problem, I have a Philips Model Number Ms3652S427 Chassis Number Lo1.1uac-7638.
When I turn it on the green power light comes on, picture is good, yet there is no sound accept for a high pitched whine when the treble is all the way up but when it is not no sound at all. any help would be greatly appreciated. Sean

Bookmark   July 21, 2010 at 7:27PM
Sitn_lo_yahoo_com

I have a Phillips magnovax the tv keeps shutting off every 20 seconds or so what do I do how do I fix that

Bookmark   March 25, 2011 at 3:04AM
More Discussions
vizio xvt473sv dead
I have a 4 year old VIZIO XVT473SV that now has NO...
thew60
arc breakers tripping
We have arc fault breakers and one of them keeps tripping,...
newhomeseattle
Where to buy cassettes for music
We still play cassettes in two of our old cars. I need...
loralee
cheap tv
got a nice working fully functional 32" lcd yesterday...
stoveguyy
50" dlp tv
Here is a picture of the whole part...
tribefan53
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™