Embroidering on Clothes

redhothlavaOctober 10, 2007

Hi - I do a great deal of embroidery on baby clothes and have received some complaints because the stabilizer I use is a cutoff not tearoff - I have found that holds the fabric better but some of my customers won't purchase those items because they feel it will be uncomfortable for their baby to wear. Any thoughts on what to do?? I have seen some clothes with something that feels like felt and looks as if it has been ironed on inside the clothes to protect the skin from the embroidery and remaining stabilizer but I have no idea what that is...Am going to a craft fair next week-end and I would love to have this resolved by then. Thanks so much!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
passport4vicki

Red,
Have you tried the fusible mesh products? The fusible type product is great on onsies to keep the fabric from stretching. It is cut-a-way though. But, it is promoted to be soft against the skin, especially for baby clothes.
This is the product I have used:
Floriani's No Show Fusible Mesh (Beige)
Try going to:
www.Embroidery.com
And search for this product. There is a demo video you may want to watch. I tried to put a link to the video here.
I have also used the Janome no-show fusible mesh, it also works well. Have had no complaints about it irritating the skin.
Vicki

Here is a link that might be useful: Floriani's No Show Mesh Video

Bookmark   October 12, 2007 at 11:54AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
costumegrl

Just try some soft weight tricot or nylon. Sew your embroidery, tear or cut as close as you can and then use a form of "wonder under" (or the like) - iron it on the "soft" stuff and then iron it onto the back of your finished embroidery.It costs very little and it's very easy to do. Chris

Bookmark   October 12, 2007 at 10:42PM
More Discussions
hand embroidery needle HELP!!!
Hi! I need to find a specific type of embroidery needle:...
elenatogn
Brother PC8500 Memory Card
I recently acquired a Brother PC8500. As this is my...
rschum6718
separate forum for hand embroidery?
anyone else think this would be a good idea? machine...
mollyjanea
Bobbin Thread Rising into Embroideries
I have a new (since February) Huqsvarna Rose sewing/embroidery...
pchoench
Machine embroidery
I have a white 3300 embroidery machine I cannot figure...
Papillons
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™