Just got a Brother PE150...help

katiejoOctober 7, 2007

Hi, well, I'm quite a rookie at this...I just bought a Brother PE-150 embroidery machine and now I have questions. Can I download my own images off the internet to embroider? I would like to embroider my horse's names on their blankets and halters...is this possible? How do I go about doing this? Do I need special needles and such for thicker materials? Where do all of you buy your memory cards and larger hoops (I only have a small one)? I used an embroidery machine in high school but no where near what this one is like...please bear with me on the questions. Thanks in advance!! Katie

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
costumegrl

Hi Katie, you can get a bigger hoop, but it's not going to allow you to embroider more than a 4X4. It only allows you to line up and continue on something. You don't have a machine that will appreciate(at the very least) going through a thick webbing like halters...no matter what needle you use. You can certainly do blankets for your horses. You need a reader writer box to transfer anything you see outside of your machine. You just need to go into machine embroidery and there's a wealth of information about these boxes. Your machine has the letters to embroider already. If you want something different, you need to get a box (it will come with a card) and the internet is your library. If your need help, you can email me. Chris

Bookmark   October 12, 2007 at 10:52PM
More Discussions
P E Design v4.02 software question
I bought a used emb. machine exactly like one I already...
dancingirl_gw
Bobbin Thread Rising into Embroideries
I have a new (since February) Huqsvarna Rose sewing/embroidery...
pchoench
beginner to embroidery, need help!
I just purchased and received today, a Brother SE400...
abshelby
Brother PC8500 Memory Card
I recently acquired a Brother PC8500. As this is my...
rschum6718
Singer Futura CE100
Hi, I am new to the forum and desperate to speak to...
Karen_Ann
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™