Embroidery Machine For Wife...

andgottOctober 22, 2010

My wife has decided that she needs an embroidery machine... And has been doing some shopping. I'm out of town, but have been 'helping' a little online. She has picked out a few models that she likes- I'd like to surprise her with one, but need a little input.

She wants something that she can use a computer to do all the design work on, then transfer to the machine. From my limited research, it looks like most of the higher end machines allow this. I know a lot of the nicer machines have touch screens that allow the designs to be edited right on the machine, but she doesn't seem to think that's so great if most of the design work is done on a computer anyway. It seems that they run about $2k more with the built in touch screens that allow this editing.

She likes the Pfaff Creative 2.0 a LOT. We've got a dealer that's not too far away that seemed to offer a pretty good price, along with instruction. It's in the $4k range, and they are going to include some sort of design software (I dont recall the name, but it was like $1800), as well as thread, and some misc. items.

She also looked at, and liked, a Brother Innov-�s 1500D. I think it was a LOT less money- Something like $2400. The dealer is MUCH closer to us, just on the other side of town, so she'd be able to get there for classes, service, etc a lot easier.

Anyone know how the two compare? Any additional input? This is a pretty big purchase, I want to get it right!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lolabell

Hello my name is Amanda
I am a long time embroidery fan. my recantation is the brother machine it is very easy to use. I have the brother ult i love it. When your wife is ready to embroider i have a online store opening soon and i sell anitagoodesign it is the most wonderful designs out there. I sell thread as well. She should check out anitagoodesign.com. she will love the designs.
Thanks

Here is a link that might be useful: Robyns Nest Designs Store

Bookmark   October 27, 2010 at 12:15PM
More Discussions
Problem with HAINA machine (Tajima clone)
2 years ago I bought a 1 head 12 needles embroidery...
elis.g
Husqvarna-Viking Designer 1 Software
Hi all, I have recently decided to try out the embroidery...
MaryPrim
New to Machine Embroidery...Brother Innovis 4000D
Hi Everyone: I have just discovered this forum and...
SewReel
Brother PE-SCAN Embroidery Scanner
Does anyone have a Brother PE-SCAN Embroidery Scanner...
redpenny
Making letters
What is the best way to make my letters and words even?...
tim45z10
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™