Buying new coffee Maker

char_lotteJuly 15, 2006

I'm looking to buy a new coffee maker, nothing special. Just something that brews a good cup of coffee and doesn't start leaking from the bottom after a couple of months. Price range ($30-75).

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rbanks

Wal-Mart.

Bookmark   July 15, 2006 at 1:56PM
centralcacyclist

Ask this over on the cooking forum. They are knowledgable about brands.

Bookmark   July 15, 2006 at 5:49PM
pcj42

Have you ever seen the ads in magazines for the Gevalia coffee? They will send you a free coffee pot and you can cancel at any time. They are great pots!!

Bookmark   July 21, 2006 at 8:27AM
tom418

I second what pcj42 said. The Gevalia coffee maker does a great job. I asked for one in White, but they sent a black one. But hey, the price is right (free).

As far as the coffee, I did cancel my account, but still order a few boxes from time to time (every three months). I like their Signature Blend. I'll probably go back to regular shipments :)

Bookmark   July 23, 2006 at 5:37PM
jrdwyer

With the first two "free" Gevalia coffee makers we received, the heating element stopped working immediately. The third one is good. Gevalia was nice about the whole thing.

I bet Gevalia pays about $5 apiece for these low quality coffee makers. You get what you (don't) pay for!

Bookmark   August 2, 2006 at 3:37AM
pcj42

I've gotten the Gevalia coffee makers for years and never had a problem. In fact, I bought a coffee maker for our vacation home and it was a peice of crap. So, I signed up with Gevalia again and took my "old" pot to the vacation house when I got the new one. The old one is still going strong after 8 years!

Bookmark   August 4, 2006 at 10:24PM
jrdwyer

The third "free" Gevalia coffee maker just failed this morning. We are definitely cancelling the subscription for Gevalia coffee and instead using our $10 coffe pot that we purchased at a local store.

What a joke of a marketing program to sell coffee. What a waste of scarce natural resources and an unecessary contribution to landfills.

Another "free" item that ends up in the dumpster.

Bookmark   August 19, 2006 at 2:37PM
plumbly22

I also have the gevalia coffe maker... cancelled the coffee subscription right away... works great. Several neighbors have done the same thing, all with no complaints.

Bookmark   September 12, 2006 at 4:35PM
Patricia43

BUNN

Bookmark   September 17, 2006 at 7:13PM
jlhug

Tassimo

Bookmark   September 21, 2006 at 7:59PM
chinacat_sunflower

the cheapest French Press on the planet makes a better cup of coffee than any Drip maker on the market for the price of a tea kettle.

if I had to drink drip? I'd agree with the DeLonghi, or the Bunn - good solid machines whose hot plates don't scorch the coffee while you're still adding cream and sugar to your first cup.

Bookmark   November 20, 2008 at 3:02PM
mrmarv

Hi, Check out a Cuisinart Brew Central dcc-1200. It is a well built machine and makes very good coffee. It will run about $80 though but is well worth it. It has a 3 yr warranty. These have been rated high for years.

Bookmark   November 23, 2008 at 3:26PM
gamapat

Hi, know matter what coffee maker you buy be sure the steam doesn't come out the top if you plan on having it sit on your counter below your cabinets. The stream will ruin your cabinets.

Bookmark   January 13, 2009 at 7:37PM
More Discussions
Craftman garage door 1/2 hp
when it start to not working the way it suppost to...
Ignacio7557
Dealing with a crazy neighbor
Condensed version: My neighbor aggressively pounds...
dtxgal
Water Leak - Home Addition- HELP
We are right in the middle of a 1400 sq ft. home addition/...
ladyj08
Broken Mercury Thermometer
Last night my DD had a 100.2 temp so this am I went...
stir_fryi
Is the snow causing roof damage or any plumbing issue?
My first floor bathroom today have water leaking from...
jhome2015
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™