Memory Card...What Kind For Canon?

rosethymeMay 23, 2008

I just bought a Canon PowerShot A650-IS 12.1 MP Digital Camera w/ 6x Optical Zoom, Image Stabilization & Face Detection. What is the best memory card to get for it? I seem to have read it's best to upgrade with a better card. Not camera literate here and really need help figuring it all out. TIA

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lenvt

I'm not sure which you'd like to buy but I found:

SD Card, SDHC Card, MultiMediaCard, MultiMediaCard Plus

listed as memory card options for this camera.

What I'd do is call PC CONNECTION and let them help you decide. They are a great electronics/computer catalog company in NH (no sales tax and very good prices). They have been in business since the late 1980's I think. They have great tech people who can help you with your decision.

I once wanted a kind of expensive cable for my computer to hook it up to a printer and their phone rep wouldn't sell it to me! He said I could get the job done with a product that cost 1/3 the price. It was new and not yet in their catalog. I took his advice and he was right. Saved me about $150. I trust them and they have never steered me wrong. You can get their 800 number from their website.

You are going to LOVE your Cannon camera. Get the most memory you can! You will be making mini movies all the time!

Good luck.

LENVT

Here is a link that might be useful: PCconnection

Bookmark   June 11, 2008 at 7:30PM
More Discussions
plug-in tart warmers - parchment-paper safe?
Hi, re: plug-in wax-tart warmers: Is it safe to cover...
jally
plug-in 15w bulb caused sticky mess (wax melt)
Stupid me, I bought a plug-in wax melter / tart-warmer...
jally
cheap tv
got a nice working fully functional 32" lcd yesterday...
stoveguyy
Sound Goes Off Occasionally on TV
I have a Sharp ACQUOS TV. A few days ago, I started...
WalnutCreek Zone 7b/8a
arc breakers tripping
We have arc fault breakers and one of them keeps tripping,...
newhomeseattle
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™