doggie doo doo in rat hole????

rhonniJuly 10, 2002

i could swear i heard before that to get rid of the rat hole/homes" in a backyard, you fill the hole with doggie doo-doo and they will stay away. did i dream this, is it an old wives tale or is it true???????? can anyone clear this up for me?? i would really appreciate it!!!!!!! this is in a friend's yard and we want to make sure we gave the right advice!! p.s., these/this rats/rat are/is going between backyards with their neighbor's yard. coincidentally, the neighbor "just cleaned away all their old weed/bush display" behind their garage........now the neighbor is complaining that doggie doo will in fact actually attract rats............thanks!!!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jasper_austin

I am not sure which is more fun to have around. What would you rather step in out in your yard- a hole or a doo?

Bookmark   July 17, 2002 at 5:03PM
Fireraven9

I put it in the holes when planting bulbs and it helps keep critters from digging them up. Our pocket gophers make long tunnels and I do not have enough dog doo to fill them. We just flood or trap.

Fireraven9
Gutta cavat lapidem (Dripping water hollows out a stone) - Ovid

Bookmark   July 19, 2002 at 8:30PM
kate1

This works for moles. They dig away from the poo so you continue until they go else where.
As far as rats and dog poop. They eat dog poop. So putting it down their hole wouldn't be the best idea if you want to get rid of them.

Bookmark   August 8, 2002 at 3:24AM
ohforpetesake

I know I stay as far away from dog poop as possible. So the theory may have some validity. But this is the twenty first century for Pete's sake!! You can probably "do" a little better than that for advice! LOL Rat's are gross and unsanitary. Maybe they should try a good old fashioned exterminator.

Bookmark   August 8, 2002 at 10:28AM
More Discussions
Bleach stains on bathtub
My son just moved into an apt., and the tub area was...
wishnwell
shutting off water before vacation ?
I recently saw a bit on DIY Network about preventing...
abbey_cny
Craftman garage door 1/2 hp
when it start to not working the way it suppost to...
Ignacio7557
biting flies uk
leave your house shut up for 3 to 4 weeks and let them...
annekeepgoing
Help! what kind of biting insect has invaded my home?
Over the last few weeks I've been itching from something...
Cassandra
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™