'reverse anorexia'

miscindyApril 6, 2006

Has anyone else found themselves suffereing from what I call "reverse anorexia?" It's when you think you look good, and can eat whatever you want and not exercise, but the truth is you are really obese and need to watch what you eat and exercise. I think that must be what I have. When I look at myself in the mirror with clothes on, I think I look, "a bit chubby, but OK." However when I see myself in a photo, especially next to others, I realize how bad I really do look! Motivation, indeed!!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
deemarie5500

LOL -- miscindy, I think that we are twins!!!! Lately that is exactly what has happened to me. I've avoided full-length mirrors for a couple of years, and now is the time to get myself healthy!

Good Luck!

Bookmark   April 6, 2006 at 1:35PM
firemanswife

I do the same thing! I feel like I look good and that I'm not "that" over weight and then I see pictures of myself and I'm blown away.
I have been trying like crazy to lose weight...I joined Weight Watcher and have started exercising regularly and today I noticed that my rings are really lose. I know that's a good thing but I feel like it's some cosmic joke that of course I would lose the weight in my fingers..not my butt, not my hips, not my stomach but my fingers!

Bookmark   April 6, 2006 at 4:30PM
Tikanas2

I am just HOWLING!!

I have no such illusions. I gotta lose and that's all there is to it. I do, however, have slim fingers....

Tikanas

Bookmark   April 6, 2006 at 7:40PM
More Discussions
Naturally Slim Program
has anyone tried it? If so what are your thoughts?...
veronicasgrandma
Frustrated. Any ideas?
Removed This post was edited by whitelacey on Wed,...
Linda
6 Week Body Makeover Program??
Just wondering....has anyone ever used Michael Thurmond's...
janet_ks
green coffee extract anyone?
I saw recently on TV Dr. Oz talking about green coffee...
vieja_gw
Cinnamon & Honey Articles
There are so many worthwhile articles on cinnamon &...
pink_warm_mama_1
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™