PE-Design ver 4.0

cheri334September 10, 2009

I have a 4.0 brother reader/writer box that is flashing the red Busy lite. We have tried everything to resolve this problem. Does anyone have an idea why its doing this and how to fix it. Thanks, cheri

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jandms

Unfortunately mine did this just before it died. I was able to continue using it by cleaning it out with alcohol used to clean electronics. I got some at Best Buy and unplugged the box and put some on a lint free thin rag and wiped the contacts inside as far as I could go and let it dry overnight. I got a fair amount of dust dirt out and it worked again for a while but then it died after about 6 months. I bought an amazing box and soon after had to upgrade my machine so now I don't even need a card writer so before investing in a writer box make sure there is no new machine in your near future.
Also, recently at my dealer they showed me a new wireless device that had a card that goes into the machine then when at your computer you simply send the embroidery to the card plugged into your machine wirelessly and it pops up as if read from any other card! It was the same price as the smaller writer and can connect to just about any machine so this may be more what you want to invest in so that if you do switch machines like I did you don't waste the money for a writer you may not need in the near future. With this one you could send off any embroidery to any machine with one click on your computer! TOO COOL!

Bookmark   October 25, 2009 at 4:39AM
More Discussions
Singer Futura CE100
Hi, I am new to the forum and desperate to speak to...
Karen_Ann
Stabilizer removal
I mostly use a tear-away stabilizer with a spray adhesive...
hudakore
New to Machine Embroidery...Brother Innovis 4000D
Hi Everyone: I have just discovered this forum and...
SewReel
P E Design v4.02 software question
I bought a used emb. machine exactly like one I already...
dancingirl_gw
PE Design Software
I lost my PE design2 when I changed computers.I am...
Jmyelou
Sponsored Products
Bermuda King Headboard
Overstock.com
Designers Choice Collection Track Lighting 2 ft. White Lighting Track T2-WH
$18.30 | Home Depot
Colonial Mills Deerfield Indoor/Outdoor Braided Area Rug - Hunter Green - DF61R0
$22.98 | Hayneedle
Elk Lighting Genevieve Polished Chrome Four-Light Pendant
$838.00 | LuxeDecor
Peacock Area Rug
Home Decorators Collection
Senator Outdoor Hanging Pendant
$429.00 | Bellacor
Crystal Bakehouse Wall Sconce
Lightology
Two King 200TC Satin-Stitched Pillowcases
$70.00 | Horchow
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™