Applique Design

stitcheasy2003September 30, 2006

Hello

I have sampler embroidery 100:2,5 d-card. I am guessing the ones with the pictures of scissors are applique??? The card is in the machine and its flashing scissors.When do you put down your fabric before or after the scissor's flashing. What number is the outline for the fabric? Its card number 15 the bee holding a flower. Platinum Plus machine Thank you B.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
stitcheasy2003

Hello
I have Sampler Embroidery 100:2,5 d-card. I am guessing the ones with the pictures of scissors are applique in the book??? The card is in the machine and its flashing "a pair of scissors". Number 15, the bee holding a flower.

1. When do you put down your fabric before or after the scissor's flashing.
2. What number is the outline for the fabric?
3. What does the star symbol beside the number means?
4. Can you also please tell me what number 1 and 2 do . Marker with dots in the hoop.(down at bottom of page in the sampler book page 4 and 5. I do not have a handbook.
Platinum Plus machine Thank you B.

Bookmark   September 30, 2006 at 8:03PM
Islay_Corbel

I don't have your machine, but am guessing that appliqué works the same way on all machines!
Look at the sequence of stitches for the design. normally, the first stitches will stitch an outline where you will put your fabric down on the background fabric. Then, it will stitch the second fabric down. You remove the hoop and trim around the stitches WITHOUT removing the fabric from the hoop. Then you will get a satin stitch outline to cover the edge of the fabric.
Have a go! What have you got to lose? Try out on some scrap fabric!

Bookmark   October 1, 2006 at 2:32AM
stitchntime9

I have found that with any manufactured card I buy, there is a book that comes with the card that includes the design colors and sequence for the stitchout including when and where you put anything...you might want to look at that book.

Bookmark   October 2, 2006 at 9:31AM
More Discussions
Problem with HAINA machine (Tajima clone)
2 years ago I bought a 1 head 12 needles embroidery...
elis.g
Husqvarna-Viking Designer 1 Software
Hi all, I have recently decided to try out the embroidery...
MaryPrim
Brother 270D
Hi to all, I may be the new owner of a Brother 270D...
byrdgirl65
Bobbin Thread Rising into Embroideries
I have a new (since February) Huqsvarna Rose sewing/embroidery...
pchoench
Singer Quantum XL-6000
Hello everyone, This is a rant on Singer Quantum XL-6000...
ruby1942
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™