no clue which machine to buy

newandgreenSeptember 11, 2007

I would like to buy an embroidery machine and was thinking of a Singer CE 150 or 200 but after reading some of the problems people have on this forum, i'm not sure. The reason I would like a Singer is that I live in Guyana, SA, and professional help is not easy to get. We have a SINGER'S branch here so I figure that they might be able to help me if I have problems. I also do not know much about stablisers or stuff like Pellon or anything so if anyone can recommend a tutorial or something, I'd be grateful. Also, embroidery thread is not readily available here so anything I need I have to order online and then have it delivered. This will make trying several brands of thread difficult so if anyone has suggestions as to which threads go with which machines...

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
deangello

I just bought a Singer 150 a few weeks ago and have had no problems with it. I was leary of buying one too after hearing about the problems but I think most of the problems were with the 100 and 200 models and have been corrected on the 150 and 250. There are some great Yahoo groups that I have found for Singer Futura machines with very helpful advice.

Deeann

Bookmark   September 24, 2007 at 4:57PM
More Discussions
Help with embroidery
I just recieved the Brothers SE400 sewing and embroidery...
JordonWalker0722
Brother PC8500 Memory Card
I recently acquired a Brother PC8500. As this is my...
Rschum6718
Help!! Anyone have a Brother SE-270D embroidery unit?!
Help! I made a huge mistake. I knew nothing about sewing...
Caitmon
Babylock Palette v9
Help! After a windows 8 update today, my card reader/writer...
kyserparker
pe design 2.0 help!!
hiya ive brought pe design 2.0 off of ebay its come...
mrsgeorge
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™