Using Fast Frames on BMP8

tammibarnesSeptember 7, 2009

I bought a Babylock six needle machine along with a set of Fast Frames. My question is: How does my machine know when I am using the Fast Frames?When I put in the arm for the fast frames it uses all different size hoops on the same arm. I want to try these but am afraid to. Any suggestions?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bak2basik

The machine does not know what size frame you are using when you use Fast Frames. The machine arms that hold the Fast Frame are extended to the largest size hoop so that is what the machine 'sees'. It is wise to always do a trace when using non-standard frames so that you know your embroidery will fit inside the area available. I have hit the metal FF even after I traced a design so I always make certain there is plenty of room for the embroidery foot to clear the edge of the frame.

Basically, the machine thinks you are using the largest standard hoop which is, I believe, 300x180 when you have the FF on the machine.

Bookmark   September 10, 2009 at 5:09AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mammaw11

I am thinking about buying the fast frames so much more economical. I have an mb4. Are you happy with the fast frame? Or should I wait and purchase the quick snap

Bookmark   July 27, 2010 at 4:20PM
More Discussions
Bobbin Thread Rising into Embroideries
I have a new (since February) Huqsvarna Rose sewing/embroidery...
pchoench
Making letters
What is the best way to make my letters and words even?...
tim45z10
Singer Futura CE100
Hi, I am new to the forum and desperate to speak to...
Karen_Ann
Viking embroidery machine software
I am interested in purchasing embroidery designing...
kiki31348
beginner to embroidery, need help!
I just purchased and received today, a Brother SE400...
abshelby
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™