Mice are making me crazy!!!!!!!11
I am a clean freak. I tend to be a little obsessive and clean my house often. I do a thorough cleaning once a week. Once a month, I move all the furniture (including fridge, clean out the cabnents, etc).
I have to do this because I have three small kids and there is often food and crumbs in every nook and cranny.
But, yesterday I found torn bags of hot chocolate and mouse droppings in the kitchen. A little more investigation led to the finding of mouse droppings in all lower kitchen cabs. More dropings have also been found behind the couch, behind toy boxes in the living room, under baseboard heaters, etc.
The exterminator came today and put out bait traps
So here are my questions!
1. This infestation must have happended in about a week (all the places they were found are cleaned on a weekly basis--they were not found last week). Is this common? During the summer???
2. How long does it take to get rid of the mice?
3. When is it best to clean? I know this may sound silly, buy I cleaned all the droppings i found, only to have the same areas become soiled again. Should I wait until the bait traps have worked to clean more? I need to do things like wash all of my pots and pans, etc and prefer not to do this 10x's.
4. Are there professional companies that can help you clean after a problem like this? I am worried about cleaning what I can not see--proper disinfection. I am in nj.
5. Does this rat zapper really work. I am thinking about buying 4.
Thanks. I think I am going to go nuts!!!!