Crestron vs. Russound vs. ???

sjb3ipApril 25, 2012

Hi there-

I'm new to this board (hope it's the right one for my issue) but have been on the appliance board for a year or so. We are doing a major remodel and are considering using a Crestron or Russound type of system for our A/V needs. Since they also control lighting we'd probably add on that feature as well. Does anyone have any experience with either of these systems? Russound seems to be significantly cheaper, but what about the quality? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
yosemitebill

Both Crestron and Russound make very good products that should meet your needs - it's up to you as to what you want to spend.

Both are only sold and supported through installing dealers, however, some Russound products can be found online for self-installations - though warranty/support issues come into play.

If you're already willing to spend the kind of money that you'd have to for Crestron, then it's really just of matter of which system integrator (installer) you like better.

One thing to remember in all proprietary system installations, is that you always pay for everything going forward - such as equipment upgrades and programming.

I know somebody who simply got a DVR upgrade to their satellite receiver at no charge from the service provider - but then had to pay their installer $250 to come out and reprogram their proprietary universal remote control to control it.

Be careful about what you're getting into and maybe talk to some independent installers who will install your equipment choices, and help you choose the equipment, without locking you into an ongoing commitment - in the future you use them because you like them - not because you have to.

Bookmark   April 27, 2012 at 11:31PM
More Discussions
home stero using XM radio
i am building our retirement home and have installed...
coetexas
seek expert on plug-in wax-tart warmers
I bought this plug-in tart warmer via the Net, made-in-china,...
jally
I need "Pairing Code" information for my TV.
What is the pairing code for my Magnavox TV Model #...
Tammy Lanier
arc breakers tripping
We have arc fault breakers and one of them keeps tripping,...
newhomeseattle
aspect ratio
We have 2009 insignia LCD. Am using Comcast mini hd...
stoveguyy
Sponsored Products
Set Of Four Sake Sherry Stemmed Wine Glasses
Classic Hostess
KRAUS Kitchen All-in-One Undermount Stainless Steel 32x20x10 in. 0-Hole Double
Home Depot
American Foursquare Oil Rubbed Bronze Four-Light Bath Fixture
$310.50 | Bellacor
KRAUS Kitchen All-in-One Undermount Stainless Steel 32x20x14 in. 0-Hole Double
Home Depot
Roll Out Trays
CliqStudios Cabinets