AC -DC Wattage conversion

tim45z10April 21, 2012

My refrigerator consumes 331 watts. Lets say it run 20minutes per hour. Lets also say I have a dc generator that produces 60 watts. How long would it take to charge a 12vdc battery (with inverter)?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
yosemitebill

Golly by gosh! While I'd really like to try to answer your question, there's really not enough information here and it's rather difficult to follow.

What's the refrigerator have to do with with this, unless you are trying to power it off a 12 volt battery with and inverter.

BTW, the refrigerator may consume only 331 watts while running but may require up to 20 amps to start the compressor. But then, what size refrigerator are we talking about?

As far as recharging a 12 volt battery:

What is the voltage output and current output of the generator? What is the amp-hour rating of the battery? How far has the battery been discharged?

The inverter would be used to convert the 12VDC to 120VAC and usually has an overhead of at least 10-15% in excess of the load.

A little more information is needed here, but running a fridge off an inverter from a 12 volt battery, being charged by a 60 watt generator is just not going to happen.

Bookmark   April 22, 2012 at 8:50PM
More Discussions
aspect ratio
We have 2009 insignia LCD. Am using Comcast mini hd...
stoveguyy
arc breakers tripping
We have arc fault breakers and one of them keeps tripping,...
newhomeseattle
plug-in 15w bulb caused sticky mess (wax melt)
Stupid me, I bought a plug-in wax melter / tart-warmer...
jally
transfer hi8 tapes from sony ccd-trv98 to mac ??
Hi ~ What is the best and fastest way to transfer Hi8...
kathybeachgirl
OTA, I'm Back
I got rid of cable and now am using a converterbox...
boothbay
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™