Reed fence

lucillleJune 21, 2013

I already have a beautiful 4 foot picket fence, and some roses and landscaping that need a few years to mature. I want some privacy from my neighbors yard and a 20 foot long 6 foot high inexpensive reed fence would do it. I'd probably only need it for a year or two. Has anyone ever used one of those, do you think it would look decent for 2 years?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dreamgarden

I've never used one but your post piqued my curiosity. I have a deck that needs a bit of privacy so I googled reed fences so see if they might work for my use.

I read several reviews (w/pics). Most of the posters liked them but more than a few said they were shorted when their order arrived. Said they ordered a roll of 6 ft. H. x 16 ft. L Reed Fencing but didn't get a full 16ft. Said it was short by about 6".

I'd keep this in mind if you decide to purchase some.

A link that might be useful:

Customer reviews-Home Depot
eviews.homedepot.com/1999/100661555/6-ft-h-x-16-ft-l-reed-fencing-reviews/reviews.htm

Bookmark   June 22, 2013 at 8:52AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lucillle

Thank you for your response, it did not work for me when I tried to access the review so I'm going over to the HD site to try to find it. It appears that the fencing may be available from the store itself which is close by, if they short me I can say something, although since I would have to buy two and only need 20 feet, even if short it would do the job.
I was worried that it was too solid to let the wind through (a concern for my location where we have hurricanes) but from the reviews there are gaps. Also, a couple of the reviewers stapled the reed fencing to their existing fencing, that is a big plus if I could just attach it to the framework I have, and not have to sink more posts.
One reviewer said that treating it with a waterproofer extended its life so I may do that.

This post was edited by lucille on Sat, Jun 22, 13 at 11:17

Bookmark   June 22, 2013 at 10:49AM
More Discussions
Craftman garage door 1/2 hp
when it start to not working the way it suppost to...
Ignacio7557
Bleach stains on bathtub
My son just moved into an apt., and the tub area was...
wishnwell
Dealing with a crazy neighbor
Condensed version: My neighbor aggressively pounds...
dtxgal
damp brickwork
Please can you help with damp brickwork at the front...
Fred.21
Heating Oil Spill & Smell
So here is my issue. Currently under contract to purchase...
jemcdonald
Sponsored Products
Backyard X-Scapes Natural Bamboo Slats - 25 Pack Light Brown - BS25
$103.99 | Hayneedle
3' x 6' Treated Pine 1/2 Picket Rail Bridge
Fifthroom.com
Large Etched Stainless Steel Patio Torch with Twist Design Wall Bracket
Signature Hardware
Home Bazaar Flower Cottage Birdfeeder - Yellow - HB-6007S
$26.55 | Hayneedle
White Square Solar Fence-mount Post Lights (Set of 6)
Overstock.com
Bird House Fence Embroidered Dish Towel Set
$14.99 | zulily
Stainless Steel Patio Torch with Filigree Wall Bracket - Stainless Steel
Signature Hardware
Trellis Rod Pocket 96-inch Panel
Overstock.com
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™