Bees nests!!!

kmdnpd08June 22, 2010

Hi! I wasnt sure what forum to post this in. But what is the best thing to use to get rid of some bees nests that WONT CAUSE STAINING TO OUR SIDING???

We built a new home where an old dilapidated house was, so the bees have come back this spring/summer, thinking this is still their home! Help! We want to get rid of them but not ruin our vinyl siding! Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for your help! :)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
larke

Yes, call the nearest beekeeper association, or 'farmer' or whoever to come and do the job because bees are in very short supply lately and it's wrong to kill them if there's any way around it. Professionals will lead the queen (and all others will follow her) to a new location.

Bookmark   June 22, 2010 at 10:22PM
texasredhead

Bees staining aluminum siding? How?

Bookmark   June 23, 2010 at 8:03AM
paul21

Are you sure that they are bees ? I have an eighty year old cottage where I battle with wasps every year, could that be your problem ? If so, a trip to the hardware store will get you a spray that will solve it, but make sure that they aren't bees first , and then MAKE SURE YOU READ THE DIRECTIONS ON THE CAN !

Bookmark   June 23, 2010 at 4:20PM
sofaspud

What do the nests look like? My guess is they are the ever-present paper wasps, which drive me crazy year after year and for which I am constantly knocking down nests built in eaves and doorways. These are supposedly beneficial insects, but I wish they wouldn't build their nests in places of egress. They aren't honeybees, which is what I suspect larke was worried about when he/she suggested contacting a beekeeper.

Lastly, why do you think they will stain your siding?

Bookmark   June 23, 2010 at 4:51PM
nycefarm_gw

I believe she is looking for a treatment that won't stain VINYL siding...

Bookmark   June 24, 2010 at 2:26PM
brickeyee

Honeybees or wasps?

A decent stream from a garden hose nozzle can usually knock the smaller wasp nests off the house.

Do it in the evening (twilight, not by the clock) when they are less active 9some may cling to the fallen nest and be more than willing to go after you).

A can of insecticide for any remaining on the nest on the ground will finish them off.

Actual honeybees find a beekeeper.

They are normally not that aggressive and can be smoked and safely moved.

Bookmark   June 26, 2010 at 10:04AM
More Discussions
Any young ladies feeling like you don't have a voice?
I moved in to my grandparents home. I am updating it....
avadoone
biting flies uk
leave your house shut up for 3 to 4 weeks and let them...
annekeepgoing
Problem neighbors and being watched by them
Hi I'm sorry if I'm posting in the wrong section but...
NicholeN
Home disasters
Folks, before hiring a contractor go this website Ncphif.org...
josephene_gw
appliance mfg's & Home owner's ins.
Long story short, I had a water leak in a less than...
gardenerlorisc_ia
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™