New to Machine Embroidery - need software

maemaescreationsAugust 13, 2006

Hi, I just purchased a Brother 270D. I have PED Basic. I have downloaded many free designs but I need some software that will allow me to do monograms and resize designs. I am on a limited budget and was wondering what kind of recommendations you could make for inexpensive beginner software? I saw embroidery magic 2 on ebay for about $75.00 but I really don't know enough to make a decision. I am making girls clothing and want to be able to embroider designs on the items. I make about 20 outfits per month so I am not a super heavy machine user. Any advice appreciated! Thank you in advance!

Stacy

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ngmnewlywed

20 outfits a month???? That, in my book, is a heavy machine user. You go girl. You are a better woman than me. I looked at a resizing software for my Husqvarna and it was 300 so, 75 sounds good to me!!! I don't know about those though. Maybe do some more research. Check out patternreview.com
They give reviews for machines and such. Maybe you could do a post and request info on the software!!!
Good luck!!!
Susan

Here is a link that might be useful: pattern reviews

Bookmark   August 14, 2006 at 12:44AM
Islay_Corbel

Look at Embird.

Bookmark   August 14, 2006 at 3:21AM
maemaescreations

Ha Ha, Thanks Susan & islay :) I have combed these forums all morning and think Embroidery Magic is the way I am going to go for now. I found a free program that will convert the format for me so my total cost for now will be the $75.00. I am an El Cheapo, so that will be it for now! I guess if I deside to stick with the embroidery, I will upgrade. I just want to figure out what all this means before I actually spend a lot of money! ( I have been know to spend a fortune on worthless junk... hehe)
Thank You for your quick replies!!!
Stacy

Bookmark   August 14, 2006 at 9:28AM
maemaescreations

HI all, Just wanted to let you know I just purchased Embroidery Magic 2 and the Small Fonts Pack together on ebay for $55 after shipping by making a best offer. Cheapest price I could find anywhere. His asking price was 69.99 + $5 for shipping.
Thanks to all!
Stacy

Bookmark   August 14, 2006 at 1:10PM
themanagement

Stacy,

How did this work out for you? I need to digitize a .jpg file and create a .psw or similar for my Singer XL6000. It looks like Embroidery Magic will do this and then size the results. Have you had any luck doing something like this?

Thanks

Bookmark   August 28, 2006 at 7:18PM
maemaescreations

Hi, I have only digitized one thing so far and it seemed to work just fine. I did have to work with it a bit to figure it out - for some reason I do not like reading directions... but I did figure it out on my own - And that is saying a lot for me. :) Good Luck to you!

Bookmark   August 29, 2006 at 12:35AM
randommarble

I am currently using two free packages to digitize designs:

thredworks is a basic digitizer

EMBroidery TrueSizer can be used to put files in the correct format for your machine and to resize them.

Bookmark   August 29, 2006 at 8:54AM
sewnew4you_yahoo_com

I have an Babylock Ellegante II machine. I am just starting out with embroidery. Would the EM 2 software be a good choice for me to start with? What would you suggest?

Bookmark   March 10, 2009 at 8:26AM
sondray

You could try these free programs:
www.sophiesew.com
www.thredworks.com
www.madpunch.com

You can get the hang of digitizing using these free software programs. Madpunch compares to embird, if that's what you're geared towards.

I purchased EM2 and tutorial after trying thredworks and madpunch. EM2 also has a yahoo group which offers tips, files, and Aunty M is very helpful if you run into a problem.

Hope this helps,
Sondra

Bookmark   April 1, 2009 at 6:29PM
More Discussions
beginner to embroidery, need help!
I just purchased and received today, a Brother SE400...
abshelby
Hand Embroidery Tips & Techniques
I came across this site earlier today and wanted to...
lola8325 zone5KS
Brother PC8500 Memory Card
I recently acquired a Brother PC8500. As this is my...
rschum6718
list of free design sites
Does anyone have a list of site that have free designs?...
crittersareme
New to Machine Embroidery...Brother Innovis 4000D
Hi Everyone: I have just discovered this forum and...
SewReel
Sponsored Products
Vintage Wooden Drum - TAUPE
$365.00 | Horchow
Agraria Bitter Orange Liquid Hand Soap
$29.00 | FRONTGATE
Thin Stripe Shower Curtain
Overstock.com
White Pine Cordless Mailbox Christmas Swag Christmas Decor
$99.95 | FRONTGATE
Silver Lining Metallic Blue Chevron Shade Anya Table Lamp
Lamps Plus
A C Pacific Aldo Reclining Sofa - ALDO RECLINING SOFA
$781.95 | Hayneedle
New Modern Collection Persian Ikat 9'x12' Hand Knotted Earth Tone Wool Rug H3616
BH Sun Inc
Medallion Boudoir Sham 12" x 16" - IVORY
$123.00 | Horchow
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™