Need help embroidering on T Shirts!

bigdipperAugust 24, 2010

Me and the wife are fairly new to machine embroidery. We have started a small home operated business and are slowly learning the trade. I have been very successful on caps, back packs, towels, and lots of other items but boy am I having trouble with T shirt material. I know you must stabilize the fabric but the sticky back that I have doesn't seem sticky enough and the fabric pulls away from it fairly easily. So, I need any suggestions on products and any methods that have worked for you. We are very open minded on techniques we just want to be able to be able to embroider on this type of fabric consistently. We have a single head 15 needle machine just to let you know what equipment we have to work with. All help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
embpunching

do you need embroider digitizing,we can provided screen printing and embroidery digitizing services.We can help if the problem embroidery digitizing.thank you

Bookmark   August 28, 2010 at 1:46AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
RuthieG__TX

I think you have to use the iron on or sticky as well as the regular stabilizer.....I have just a basic machine but was instructed to do it with 2 stabilizers and it does a great job.

Bookmark   September 4, 2010 at 9:31AM
More Discussions
Hand Embroidery Tips & Techniques
I came across this site earlier today and wanted to...
lola8325 zone5KS
PE Design Software
I lost my PE design2 when I changed computers.I am...
Jmyelou
Brother PE-SCAN Embroidery Scanner
Does anyone have a Brother PE-SCAN Embroidery Scanner...
redpenny
list of free design sites
Does anyone have a list of site that have free designs?...
crittersareme
New to Machine Embroidery...Brother Innovis 4000D
Hi Everyone: I have just discovered this forum and...
SewReel
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™